|This article has poor organization and/or formatting and requires revision to meet RealCTY's quality standards.|
The Easton site is part of the CAA program, like Bristol.
The first people came to the Easton site at Lafayette College in 2003, after the Frederick, Maryland site said JHU could not come back, as they were renovating all the dorms to accommodate male students. Many students and faculty came to this site from Frederick, and were termed "Hood rats", a reference to the Frederick site being housed at Hood College. Since then, the Easton site has slowly begun to establish its own traditions.
- Colton Chapel - Location of All-site meetings, Swashbuckler, and Talent Show.
- Williams Center For The Arts - Location of Swashbuckler in 08.1.
- Easton Hall - Older, crummier, hotter, girls' dorm. (it can get really cold in some rooms if the a/c is left on 8 for the entire night or a long time during the day)
- Keefe Hall - Newer and nicer of the two girls' dorms (central AC).
- Farinon College Center - Contains the cafeteria, dance/activities room, book store, and movie theater.
- Marquis Hall - Temporary Dinning hall in 08.1 and 2, as the Farinon dinning hall was being renovated
- South College - Boys' dorm, site office, and health office.
- Kirby Sports Center- Where the pool and gyms are.
- Buildings where various classes were held:
- Acopian Engineering Center - Usually Engineering courses, as well as math courses
- Hugel Science Center - Usually Science Courses, as well as engineering courses
- Kirby Hall of Civil Rights - Usually Humanities courses
- Pardee Hall - Computer Labs, as well as other random classes, like English
- Main Quad- A largest quad on the Campus. It is located between the Farinon College Center and the Library. Many outdoor sports activities, such as soccer, wiffle ball, and Ultimate Frisbee were played on the quad. The Main Quad is also the main hang out place after finishing meals. In 08.1 and 2, the main quad was not used as much as the Dining Hall in Farinon was being renovated.
- Easton Quad- A smaller quad located out side of Easton Hall. Quad time takes place here every night. Was the hang out place after meals in O8.1 and 2 as Marquis Hall is on the other side of Easton Quad from Easton Hall.
- Easton has dress up days the last week of camp. There is Goth Monday, SuperPrep Tuesday, and Crossdress Wednesday. There was also a Twin Thursday, which was less common. Many people during 07.2 and 08.2 tried to create a Pajama Day Thursday, which was also less common. The traditions began in 05.2 by students in the Psychology A course, most notably Priya Mehta, JT Shepard-Blankenheim, and Megan Dent.
- Passionfruit, which has now become an established tradition.
- American Pie, with chanting, circles with kicking of feet at the beginning and end. [beware; injuries have occurred during this song.]
- Weekend trips to WaWa (Convenience store) and The Purple Cow (Awesome ice cream parlor).
- Swashbuckler Color War
- CAAsino Night
- Talent Show
- Water Carnival
- Flag Football Tournament- Followed the Olympics on the Second Saturday. Was Run by RA and SRA LJ and RA Keith, both of whom played on the Lafayette College football team. If it was available, the event would be held on the Lafayette College's Artificial Turf Football Stadium. After LJ left after 07.2, the event was changed to an Ultimate Frisbee Tournament.
- The electrical system at Lafayette College/ Easton goes out very easily, usually by the first lightning strike of a storm. The most famous blackout in CAA Easton history was in 2006, in which storms produced life-threatening hail, a three-day black out, and brown outs at Lafayette, in addition to major flooding in lower Easton.
- There was a blackout Prior to the the Last Dance for session 1 during 2008. Thanks to the positive song and the CTY gods, the afternoon class session that was supposed to take place before the dance was cancelled, but the power came on just in time for the dance.
There are various activities offered throughout the session.
- Morning 'Fun' Run - Offered most mornings. Students would be picked up around 6 a.m. and would be taken to the track. Occasionally a roundabout way of getting to the track would be taken. 08.1 - mostly girls would go
- Basketball - Offered everyday. Spans across both of the activity periods.
- Dodgeball - Offered throughout most of the session, but was sometimes replaced by volleyball. (Both activity periods)
- Swimming - Offered everyday. It is done in the indoor pool in the Sports Center. (Both activity periods)
- Volleyball - Occasionally replaced dodgeball, but was less common than dodgeball.(Both activity periods)
- Tennis - Offered Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the second week of session one 2008. Courts are outdoors. Good idea to bring your own tennis balls. (Both activity periods)
- Wiffle Ball/Kickball - Occasionally offered. Was played on the main quad. (Single Activity Period and Both Activity Periods)
- Ultimate Frisbee - Offered twice during 08.1. (Both Activity Periods)
- Braveheart - Offered about twice during the first session of 2008, what is done in the activity is secret. (Unknown)
- Cloud Watching - Offered a good deal of time. Students sit on Farinon quad and oftentimes just play cards…no real "cloud watching" occurs. Activities like "Chillaxing," and "The Art of Chilling" are the same as Cloud watching. (Single Activity Period)
- Disney Channel Appreciation - Offered once. No, it is not merely watching movies. They ask questions and do games. (Both activity periods)
- Mystery Activity - Offered once, was canceled due to lack of interest. (Single Activity Period)
- Balloon Stomping - Offered around two times. Participants tie balloons to each of their feet and must pop the balloons of others while keeping their own alive. It was canceled the first time due to bad weather. (Single Activity Period)
- Water Balloon Filling - This was offered the week before Water Day. This is often the day they have poor selections for one period activities. (Single Activity Period)
- Ballroom Dancing - This was a fun activity offered twice.
- Salsa Dancing - Offered twice during 08.1. During 1 period there were 12 girls and 1 guy.
- Love (Note) Making - Offered by RA's Juliette and Tatianna 04.2-05.2. The period was called Love Note Making, but became known as Love Making. Unfortunatly, this activity died after Juliette left.
- Squirrel Naming - Offered near the end of 08.1 by Owen and Eric. In the beginning it was a chilaxing activity since none of the usual squirrels could be found. However after finding chasing one outside O'Keefe, half the group became inspired. 7 squirrels were named.
- Releasing Your Inner Beast - Also offered by Owen and Eric at the end of 08.1. The activity evolved acting like a beast
- Don't Sign Up for This Activity- Run by Steve in 07.2, The activity was horrible, but those who had signed up had been warned...
- Stepping; Sorority Style - Run by Health Assistant Ify in 07.2, was a stepping activity which was a practice session for a performance in the talent show.
- 06.2: During the Olympics, nevermores Kaitlyn Taylor and JT Shepard-Blankenheim went to the health office for pie-throwing related injuries. Health staff drove the two back to the Farinon Quad, inadvertently creating a campus scandal. When the two left the college van near the quad, rumors spread that Kaitlyn and JT left campus to go to Wawa and were caught. Administration overreacted and threatened to revoke certificates of participation before they 'officially' knew what had happened. After a personal meeting with administration two days later, and phone calls home, JT was let back on campus. No disciplinary action was brought against Kaitlyn or JT.
- After Swashbuckler 08.1 you would still find random groups of people yelling (insert color name here) Squad, this was first started by Valerie's (Val's) hall, who were on the Black team.
- Valerie's (Val's) and several male halls had their own unofficial cross dressing day on the second Wednesday of the first session.
- Major cheating occurred during Casino night causing massive amounts of money to be made.
- During dances groups of people (mainly guys) would encircle a dancing couple for a few minutes and then move onto another couple. This was amusing to some, and annoying to others.
- In 08.1, the fire alarms had false alarms several times in Keefe Hall, including once in the middle of the night. Each time a fire truck had to come. The issue was blamed on humidity.
- 08.2 During the second dance, two very notable CAAmpers, Haydn Dufrene and Brian Herrera were dancing to Dragostea Din Tei and were pulled out for "dancing inappropriatly." They were taken out of the dance room and made to sit for the rest of the night. CAAmpers including, Nadya Spice, Lara Hakki Andrea Fields, Giulia Picascia, Danielle Canady, Ash Leigh, Liz Bisaha, Keith Lemaster, Steph Dunn, Keithlyn Parkman, Gloria DiMino, Andrew Hartford, and Octavio Dmitri Roscioli, when Swing, Swing started to play, began singing, and essentially brought the dance to where Haydn and Brian were sitting in isolation. The Administration was so outraged that the group was told that if the students did not return to the Dance room, the music would be turned off and everyone would return to the dorms and there would be no sleepovers. The students did return to the dance room, only to continue the protest when American Pie came on. The students sat in the center of the circle in the beginning and the end of the song. The students created such a disturbance that they were told that there would be no protests during the next dance.
Advice to People looking at the Easton campus
- Be sure to clean up the campus, they have been known to take away quad time for leaving messes.
- Thank the cafeteria staff…and save us all from hearing "Please thank the cafeteria staff" over and over again at hall meetings.
- DON'T SHIT ON THE WALLS!
- 08.2- there was shit left all over the walls of the boy's bathroom and garbage all over the girl's bathroom, so when they found out, they took away Quad Time until the 'culprits' were found. For one Quad Time, the boys and girls each had 15 in the quad, separately, while the other gender (boys first, then girls) were taken to the Kirby Hall of Civil Rights and sat through about 10 minutes of a lecture given by the SRAs and some RAs. The last 5 minutes were used for 'confessions'. Each person was given a sheet of paper and a pencil and was asked to write down anything they knew about the 'incident' (that's what everyone called it). Even if the person in question didn't know anything about it, they were forced to write 'i do not know anything about this incident' over and over again for 5 minutes. Quad Time was given back shortly after that, though they might not have found the actual 'culprit'. However, as quad time came back, two students, a boy and a girl, got suspended for the rest of the camp. Rumor has it that they were the ones responsible for this incident.
- Don't play with the salt in the dining hall
- In 08.1, The salt and pepper shakers were taken away and not put in the middle of the tables as usual. This was because students, mostly in Eric's hall, intentionally gave themselves salt burns. Students were told not to do this as it could by the administration as it could apparently cause frostbite. The ban on salt continued into 08.2.
- After the salt was returned in the middle of 08.2, it was again taken away after several students pretended that the salt was drugs.
- Matt Weber- One of the 3 creators of FLAAR and would run Star Wars Galactic Senate at least once person session (2003-2005).
- Jeff Murphy- Another creator of FLAAR; always run odd activities (2003-2005, 2007).
- Juliet Mohnkern- another RA who ran great activities; in 2005 she would sing the phrase "DON'T SWING YOUR LANYARD" (2004-2005).
- Gabe Ulman - For Robot Sock-Wars Tournaments (2006) and being the RA to organize Passionfruit 06.2.
- James - For having purple hair…and redying it (GREEN) partway through the session
- Dustin - For being loved so intensely by the guys AND girls. And also for being such an appealing piece of eye candy.
- Owen A. Reynolds- For singing The Longest Time by Billy Joel in an amazing duet with Dustin for the 08 talent shows, as well a showing of his musical skills with voice and guitar in a variety if other ways.
- Dan "Danjo" W.- For playing the banjo.