| Notice: As the site cancellations continue, Lancaster has been confirmed as defunct for 2024. The current Lancastrians are working hard to preserve and pass on Lancastrian tradition this summer, albeit at Carlisle. Carlislian tradition is also at risk of dying out, and the Lancastrians are very keen to bolster Carlisle’s tradition as well as preserving their own.
If you are interested in the Lancastrians' mission and/or want to get involved, a discord server made by Lancaster's position holders from session 1 and session 2 is linked here and open for you to join.
The Jester is the second oldest position at CTY Lancaster, and the only position to be shared by both sessions. It is a job with few responsibilities but is held in nothing but the highest regard. The Jester's main function is to act out the scenes in "American Pie" when the Jester steals the King's thorny crown and when the Jester is on the sidelines in a cast. Since some unknown year after 2009, the Jester also leads the Acting Improv activity with one other person of the Jester's choosing. The Jester organizes the stealing of The Painting in the site director's office as well as Second Sunday Shenanigans. The Jester is a nomore who is widely respected in the Lancaster community. Although the Jester is the oldest position at First Session, at Second Session, which has even older positions, it is slightly overshadowed in comparison. At both sessions, the Jester is usually passed down to someone who is considered to be outgoing and to have a good sense of humor, as a real jester would. In the latter Session, the Jester was part of the Pentinity.
The Jester's distinguishing article are a Jester's coat and hat. The hat originally belonged to Ken Levin and the coat was given to him by 2001 RA Travis-Jason "TJ" Feldstein. The coat and hat are passed down each year at Passionfruit to a promising one-more both sessions. As of LAN 14.2, the Jester also has a red slide whistle (a practice started by Matias "Mavs" Gonzalez). The slide whistle has since been lost to time, but as of 24.1, Harper Nelson-Wooley stashed her blue one in the coat. Ryan Grewal took an unprecedented amount of time to pass on the jacket and hat to Daniel Rock before 14.1, so RA Vivian purchased replacements. These were used in 15.1 and have been the session one jester relics since. There is a latex condom inside the left coat pocket as of 15.1. Additional condoms ebbed and flowed from the various pockets throughout 19.1 as well, ending up with one (originally belonging to Julia Rubright) in addition to the original from 15.1. As of 19.1, the Jester also receives a pair of mirrored aviators (a tradition that started with aviators originally belonging to Sam Schulman, that the following Jester Naomi Louie lost in Logan Airport at MIT Splash 2019), usually kept in the breast pocket of the jacket, and as of 18.1 a pair of pool noodles, used to enforce Acting Improv rules. The current pool noodles were originally owned by Nathan Burke and Louie Brown, who returned as an RA. As of 22.2, there are two new relics: a hat made out of a ‘happy birthday’ banner and a print-out of a jester hat on a stick and a pool noodle wrapped in orange duct-tape with metal rulers on the inside which functions as both a kaleidoscope and a tool with which to hit unfunny people during AI.
- * From the perspective of one year in the future.
- 1997: Matt "Wembley" Jacobs
- 1998: Aaron "The Short Kid with the Funny Hat" Tarnow
- First Session: Ken Levin
- Second Session: Matthew "Matt in the Hatt" Russo
- First Session: Stuart Schüssel
- Second Session: Andy "UnAndy" Schlesinger
- First Session: Gabriel Slamovits
- Second Session: Randall Leeds
- First Session: Alexia Simonnard-Note
- Second Session: Susannah Roush
- First Session: Josh Yanovski
- Second Session: Tassie Andersen
- First Session: Aliza Alperin-Sheriff
- Second Session: Christian "Christ" Burnette
- First Session: Molly Brean
- Second Session: Meghan Vu
- First Session: Dana Reback
- Second Session: Zeke Weiner/John Laws Harrison
- First Session: Verity
- Intersession: Max Wang
- Second Session: Race Archibold
- First Session: Gene Naumovsky
- Second Session: Isaiah Louder (when Lev Krasnovsky did not return)
- First Session: Dan Fu
- Second Session: Ethan Pan
- First Session: Sam Schulman
- Second Session: Archer Goodwyn
- First Session: Naomi Louie
- Second Session: Camille Gonzalez
- First Session: Juliana Burke
- Second Session: Salil Jain
- First Session: Sophia Chen
- Second Session: Maya Jagsi
- First Session: Harper Nelson-Wooley
- Second Session: Serena Diamond