A Talent Show at CTY usually involves very unusual skills that are possessed by us lovable weirdos who attend camp.
- 1 Saratoga Springs (Skidmore)
- 1.1 94.1
- 1.2 95.2
- 1.3 96.1
- 1.4 97.1
- 1.5 97.2
- 1.6 11.2 "Cirque du CTY"
- 1.7 12.1 "CTY's Got Talent"
- 1.8 13.1 "Singing in the Rain"
- 1.9 14.1 "Talent Show of Terror"
- 1.10 14.2 "GalaxCTY Talent Show"
- 1.11 15.1 "Talent Show at the Center of the Earth"
- 1.12 15.2 " 20,000 Leagues Under The CTY"
- 1.13 16.1 "Valhal-ent Show"
- 1.14 16.2 "The Fountain of Talented Youth"
- 1.15 17.1 "The Talent Shoe"
- 1.16 17.2 "Ekim Presents: The Show of Spooky Talents"
- 1.17 18.1 "The Greatest Show"
- 1.18 18.2 "The Phantom of the Talent Show"
- 2 Lancaster
- 3 Carlisle
- 4 Los Angeles (LMU)
- 4.1 06.1 Talent Show
- 4.2 07.1 Talent Show
- 4.3 07.2 Talent Show
- 4.4 08.1 Talent Show
- 4.5 08.2 Talent Show
- 4.6 09.1 Talent Show
- 4.7 09.2 Talent Show
- 4.8 10.1 Talent Show
- 4.9 10.2 Talent Show
- 4.10 11.1 Talent Show
- 4.11 11.2 Talent Show
- 4.12 12.2 Talent Show
- 4.13 15.1 Talent Show
- 4.14 15.2 Talent Show
- 4.15 16.1 Talent Show
- 4.16 Very Out of Order Act 1
- 4.17 Also Very Out of Order Act 2
- 4.18 16.2 Talent Show
- 4.19 17.2 Talent Show
- 4.20 18.1 Talent Show
- 5 Baltimore (JHU)
- 6 Easton
- 7 Seattle
- 8 Peabody
Saratoga Springs (Skidmore)
At Saratoga, the Talent Show takes place on the second Saturday of the session. Every year, there are a variety of amazingly talented (or Ceriously Talented) acts. Both students and staff perform. Between each act, skits are written and performed by Nevermores and Nomores. In the Talent Show weekly activity, performers audition and practice for the show. In 2012, the talent show was moved from Gannett Auditorium to Filene Hall which is near the Arthur Zankel Music Center and it's where the Talent Show has been ever since. Traditionally, Nevermores also perform a glowsticking act towards the end of the show, and end the night with a camp-wide sing-along.
Held at Gannett Auditorium
MC's: Noah Lehrman and Beth Meyers
Brian Lewandowski & Paul Melnikow - Who's on First
Adele Bruni & Nicole Bertrand - "Castle On A Cloud" by Alaine Boubdil
Two Jazzy Schmoes - "Girl From Ipanema" Paul Ianetti-guitar, Todd Polenberg-conga
Alexandra Mattis - Piano "Sonatina No.2 Movement 3" by David Karp
Karen Emberger & Laura Stuart - Variations on B Flat
Stefan Hurwitz - Cello "Tarantella" by William Henry Squire
Andrew Lowerre - Guitar "Carolina in My Mind" by J. Taylor
Leah Bartelson - piano "Prelude in C major" from Well-Tempered Clavalier Volume I by J.S. Bach
TheMultiCulti Crew - "Gumboot"
Jennifer Connell & Steven Laurie - "A Little Fall of Rain" by Alain Boubdil
Miho Saegusa Plays Violin REALLY Fast - "Caprice No. 5" by Paganini
MC's: Noah Lehrman and Neal Scoones
Josh Ganderson & Daniel Margulies - Random Acts of Flight
Mary Stone - pinao "Holberg Suite" by Greig
The Faculty Food Song Singers - "The Food Song"
Elizabeth Loeb Play Violin not quite as fast as Miho - "Concerto No. 1 in A minor Allegro Moderato" by J.S. Bach
Mark Fridman, Ken Takase, Jon Shapiro & Dana Reid-Vanas - "Terry Is God"
Ian Kaplan - "River in the Rain" and "Waiting For the Light to Shine," from Big River
Teresa Lee - piano "Six Variations" by Beethoven
A Cute Little Pop Song by Todd Polenberg
Lindsay Kim - cello "Traumerei" by R.A. Schumann
The Big Kids - "Rubber Duckie," traditional
Held at Gannett Auditorium
MC's: Sherri Davidhoff, Emily Mason-Ryan, Neal Scoones, Francesco Romano
Catharine Franklin - Etude Tableaux, Opus 29, No. 2 (Rachmaninoff)
Lucy Kaufman + Stephanie Farquhan - A Little Help From My Friends (Lennon/McCartney)
Nicholas Franklin, Jessie Kaloust, Liz Groleau, Nora O'Neill - Werewolf Airlines
Jamie Vasta - Little Earthquakes (Amos)
Sheela Maru - Ganesh Shabdam (Trad.)
Andrew Lowerre - Beaumon Rag (Trad., arr. Doc Watson)
Jamie Loeb, Anne Kelly, Ann James, Matt White - Aristocrats
Jenne Connell, Laura Stuart, Special Guest - Closer To Fine (Indigo Girls)
Dawn Perlner - To Kill a Mockingbird
Matt Nociti, Deepa Ranganathan - Winter (Amos)
Mark Bradwin, Stephanie Bonner, Jon Heifetz, Sherri Davidhoff, Paul Melnikow - Party Quirks
Semicircle - Most
The Graceful Ones - Amazing Grace
Emily Zaehring + Paul Melnikow - Who's on First? (Abbot + Costello)
Toddlers with Angst - Body Parts!!! (Trad.)
Held at Gannett Auditorium
MC's: Amy Suback and Seung-Min Lee
Ben Flynn - Electric Guitar, improvisation
Erica Ko, Zie, Man Hickory - Iko, Iko
Lauren Levy - Because You Love Me
Marnie DaJong - Pan
Ish Sheth, Alla Slutsker, Carol Stragnell - Summertime
Meg Wands - Misty
Bobbing for Piranhas (Matt Habegger, David Eil, Jonathan Barnes) - Low
Daniel Terry, Kathryn Chang - I Dreamed a Dream
Isaac Schapira, Alan Bell - Frankie & Al
Meenah Kim - Black Swan
Friend Watermelon (Amy Subach) - Yesterday
Dave & The Crew (Logic Class) - Yellow Submarine
Alexis Renwanz - Dance: Crowley's Real: Test of Stamina
Zie - Don Juan
Anna Dupont, Alison Barns, Mary "Nugget" Fries, Abra "Shatter" Pollock, Sara "Sabbaresse's Pieces," Liz "Gleeky" Caradonna, Mary "Witherspoon" Cornell, Janine "Gump" Wysmuller, Isha "Dion" Sheth, Carol Stragnell - Wee...
Bibiana Agostini, Stephanie Lin - A Little Fall of Rain
Nancy Garland - Handel
Justin Leader - New York State of Mind
Amy Burkhardt - Dance: Yes
Jeff Chassen - Hero
Lucy Kaufman & Crew - Copacabana
Daniel Terry - Memory
Alex Vaughan, Matt Hickory, Rob Levy, Chris Rojas - Samba
Held at Gannett Auditorium
MC's: Ben Chaika and Ben Hooberman
Alice Hwang - Piano, Scherzo by Chopin
Erica Ko, Daniel Simon & Robert Dickan - Drive by R.E.M.
Annie Serafim - Chicken Impression
Jame Lee Corrar - violin, Gavotte by Bach
Ethan Fenn and Daniel Brome - Trombone, A Bop Duet by Bugs Bower
Jaemi Loeb - Viola Concierto in D-major by Karl Stamitz
Alla, Narissa, Kara, Josh, Isha, and Brian - Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G.
Farah Peterson - Bist du Bei Mir
Diane Chang - Piano, Contemplation by Mendelssohn
Sarah Karr with Diane Chang - Castle on a Cloud
Dave Prentiss' Logic Class - I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends by The Beatles
Peter, Aaron, Tim, with Aruna Viswanatha - Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
The Avi-RA's (Justin Leader, Elliot Wang, Daniel Simon, Ben Chaika, Ryan Montoya, Josh Schoolcraft, Colin Dieck, Jaemi Loeb) - For The Longest Time by Billy Joel
Kristen Witucki - Piano, Feather Theme from Forrest Gump
Mia Kushick with Katri Stanley - Song with Piano, For You I Will
Jyoti Kandlikar and Rachel Finck - Allegro Flute Duet by Beethoven
The Staff - Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel
The Poindexters - The Math Song Photos
Erica Ko and May Roberts - Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits, redone by Indigo Girls
Maia Kushick - Tongue Twister
Daniel Terry - Piano Solo
Zie and Maya Roberts - Take Me or Leave Me from Rent
Annie Serafim - Chicken Impression revisited
Zev Balsen, John Barnes, Chris Rojas, and Company - For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield
Kara Lee and Chris Rojas, "The Dastardly Duo" - Vivaldi's Concierto for Two Violins in D-minor
Held at Gannett Auditorium
MC's: Bryan Choi, Jon Heifetz, Ben Hooberman, Rob Masiello, Neheet Trivedi
Jimi Fenner - The Star-Spangled Banner
Amy Yang - Cappriccio (Mendelsohn)
Cindy Chen, Terri Lee, Jane Lee, Jee Hae Yoon, Chris Chou, Jea Suh, Andrew Tseng -- Dance to Uptown
Faculty Band - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Justin Leader and Michael Bolin - Piano Man
Jaemi Loeb and Nancy Garland - Viola/Violin Patchwork
Sophie McKenney - The Lisa Story
Lauren Schiff and Krystal Law - I Dreamed a Dream
Jonathan Barnes - Piano Improvisation
Zie McGregor - Pearl
Yuna Yoon - Impromptu in C# Minor by Hugo Reingold, Op. 28, No. 3
RA Group #1 - Scream Louder
Aviva Pittle - You Oughta Be Here With Me
Dave and Friends - Twist and Shout
Farah Peterson - The Black Swan
Ed Guldi - Summertime
Jonathan Barnes and Zie McGregor - Nightswimming
Rick Barry - Martial Arts
Mike's RA Group - Lumberjack Song
Virginia Lewis and Katri Stanley - Flute/Clarinet Duet from Carmen
Youngsun Cho, Ah Young Kim, Lauren Chiang, Victoria Cho - Dance to Candy
James Vogel Jesse Cross-Nickerson, Ben Lichtenstein, Brendan Paddock - The IDS Skit
R.A. Group 3 - We Go Together
Olivia Harmon and Zie McGregor - Secure Yourself
The Great Cacophony
Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem - You Don't Know How It Feels
Justin Woo - Awakenings
Lexie Renwanz - Dance to I Want You
John Teitelbaum and Eric Cheung - Mr. Spindel Skit
French Class - Aux Champs Elysees
RA Group 2 - So Long, Farewell
11.2 "Cirque du CTY"
Held at Gannett Auditorium
Name*= CTY Staff Member
- Rebekah Philip - "The Star Spangled Banner"
- Albert Wang - "Liebestraume No. 3" by Franz Liszt
- Mikaela Walker-Bellamy and Sidney Sponer - "Stronger" by Kanye West
- Anthony Piraino and Haizen Poole - "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
- Marielle Burnett - "Fever" by Peggy Lee
- Oreoluwa* and her hall - "Magic" by B.o.B
- Quanah Potts, Anthony Piraino, Destiny Hernandez, and Nick Werker - "Coffee and Poetry" by Never Shout Never
- Mycroft Zimmerman - "Turning Tables" by Adele
- Aeslyn Vlahos and Nick Werker - "You've Made Your Bed" by You Me At Six
- Rebekah Philip - "No One" by Alicia Keys
- Mike* and Allie* - "Bulletproof" by La Roux
- Kevin Shu and Dan Scanteianu - "Super Mario Bros. Theme"
- Isaac Smith - "Hey Jude" by the Beatles
- Anna* and Anthony* - "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac
- Marielle Burnett, Shmuel (Muki) Barkan, and Dan Scanteianu - "A Man of Constant Sorrow" (Traditional)
- Dan Scanteianu - "Friend of the Devil" by the Grateful Dead
- Rachel Novick - Hula Hooping to "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al Yankovic
- Nick Olkovsky, Joseph Dwyer, and Maxwell Richards - "Random Talents" (included juggling)
- Nick Werker - "Just Fall in Love" (original song)
- Erin* and Kenny* (dawww) - Spicy Spanish Dance of Love
- Emma Chu and Miranda Hawkins - "Mine" by Taylor Swift
- Sam*, Oreoluwa*, and Dan* - "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard
- Stephen Koh - "The Legend of Zelda: A Medley"
- Eric* - "Heart of Gold" by Neil Young
- Eric* and Peter* - "Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash
- Alex* and Jeremy* - "Issues" by Flight of the Conchords
- Peter Park and Alex* - Beat Box Battle
- Peter Park and Nick Werker - "Erase Me" by Kid Cudi
- Shmuel (Muki) Barkan, Dylan Lynch, Nick Werker, and Peter Park - "Forevermore" (original song)
- CTY Saratoga Ravers (Peter Pak and Alex Libby) - "Final Remarks" (raving performance)
Ending song: "Everybody" by Ingrid Michaelson
12.1 "CTY's Got Talent"
Name*= CTY Staff Member
- Katie Miles - "Lights"
- Valentina & Danny - "Stand by Me"
- Benjamin Attal - "Country Road"
- Mike S. & Liz - "Do The Bot"
- Nikita Bansal - "The Way I Am"
- Sonya Wang - "A Medley of Fandoms"
- Adrienne Coble* - "Ukulele & Song About Soren's Kids"
- Anni Gete - "March"
- Liz Lvov - "Singing in Russian"
- Ryan Guo - "Moonlight Sonata"
- James* - "Adorn"
- Sophie Connor - "Get it Right"
- Theodore Perez - "Vincent"
- James Gan - Raving
- Luke & James - "What's so Funny? US!!"
- Soren & Anna - "Wagon Wheel"
- Alex Chen - "Scarlett Ballet"
- Zivi Stern - "Lean on Me"
- Sergio & Adrienne - "Ew or Cool?"
- Arichin Zhu - "Call me Maybe"
- Jeremy & Mike S. - "Singing"
- Jeanine & Valentina - "A Thousand Miles"
- Danielle & Alex Libby - "Your Song"
- Penelope Hough - "I Won't Give Up"
- Eric Kim, Ryan Guo, & James Yu - "Party Rock"
- James Gan, Alex Libby, Christine Yu, Sophie Connor - "My Little Pony"
13.1 "Singing in the Rain"
Name*= CTY Staff Member
- Logan Troy, Nelson Kim, Derek Simshauser, Aidan Terhune, TJ Noel-Sullivan, Eric Chen, and Alex Eishingdrelo - "The Star Spangled Banner"
- Robert Willard - "If I Were a Rich Man" From Fiddler on the Roof
- Meera Srivivasan - "Aragonaise" by G Bizet
- Leonard Chang - "Talking to the Moon" by Bruno Mars
- Aiden Richter - "Sonata No. 1 in G minor" by Bach
- Tulasi Kadiyala, Meera Srivivasan, and Leechen Zhu - "22"
- Charlie Urban-Mead - "Freeze Ray" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blcg
- Charlotte Murphy - "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
- Lyle Paskowitz - Mendelssohn Violin Concerto
- Nikki* and John* - #RA Problems
- Sonya Wang - "Untitled"
- Priyan Pathirana - A Creative Bo Staff Form
- Emily Spector - "When the Highway Ends" by Emily Spector
- Aric Zhu - "Throwback Pop Song Medley"
- Andreas Verdelis, Dash Shulman, Luke Stocker, Thomas Vandermillen, Tim Fahey, Alex Eishingdrelo, Sean Lee, Patrick Slattery, and Aric Zhu - "Trouble" by Taylor Swift
- Caroline Pennachio - "Concerto in D Major, Op. 21" by Luigi Boccherini
- Christine Lee & Michelle Desa - "You and I" by Ingrid Michaelson
- Brian Liu - "All of Me" by John Schmidt
- Sarah Marion, Anusha Purakayastha, John*, & James* - "Fall for You Mashup"
- Penelope Hough - "Counting Stars" by One Republic
- Sam Strongin - "Luck be a Lady" from Guys and Dolls
- Diana Kim, Tiffany Lu, & Kimberly Jin - Dedication to Laurence and Betsy
- Daegeon Lee and Jonathan Drougas - Japan Jam
- Andrew Cheng and Tulasi Kadiyala - "Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink
- Danielle Guttman and Ryan Guo - "Stay" by Rihanna
- Leechen Zhu - "Nocturne" by Chopin
- Aria Paradkar - "Strong" by Anna Paradkar
- James* - "Fine China" by Chris Brown
- Christine Lee and Ashley Kung - "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver
- Ryan Guo - "Revolutionary Etude" by Chopin
- Eric Chen and Geoff* - "The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room" by Fight of the Conchords
- Sonya Wang, Brian Liu, Steven Jin, Cody Suesser, Ryan Guo - Raving
14.1 "Talent Show of Terror"
Held at Filene Hall
Name*= CTY Staff Member
- Marlon Sherman - "The Impossible Dream" by Luther Vandross
- Julia Yu - "Variation in A minor" by Dimitri Kabalevsky
- Brian Bertrand - "Fresh Prince of Bel Air"
- Ryan Burzak - YMCA: Young Man's Comedy Act
- Ian* & Katie* - "All of the Stars" by Ed Sheeran
- Ashley Nobi - Dancing to "Work" by Iggy Azalea
- Maya Amitai - Poetry Reading
- Brandon Zhang, Jonathan Kent, & Marlon Shermon - Fish Slapping Dance from Monty Python
- Eliza Henneberry & Andrew Cheng - "Only Exception" by Paramore
- Ryan Guo - "Fantasie Impromptu Op. 66" by Frederic Chopin
- Quincy Cabot - "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy
- Ryan* - "Joy Spring" by Clifford Brown
- Zev Lichtenberg - "Alexander Hamilton Rap" by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- John* & Nikki* - "The Comeback Tour"
- Daniel Wang - "Flute Sonata in Eb Major Movement 1" by Johannes Sebastian Bach
- David Zeng - "Yellow River, movement 2" by Xian Xinghai
- Robert Willard - "What's up Duloc" from Shrek
- Manya Kidambi & Noelle Dana - Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
- Mimi Silverstein & Gaynor Norcott - When Love Arrives
- Zoe White & Jiwon Song - "One Short Day" from Wicked
- Dylan Li & Anshul Barnwal - "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" from Frozen
- Julia Yu, Jacqueline Vargas, & Michelle DeSa - "Cough Syrup" by Young the Giant
- Mark Modeste - "For Emma" by Bon Iver
- Andrew Riggio & Joel Peña - "Dead and Gone" by T.I.
- Tucker Wilson - Stand-up Comedy
- Angel Ji - "Ballade in Ab Major" by Frederic Chopin
- Ryan Guo & Will Gao - "Hip-Hop Dance"
- Catalina Ruiz-Jimenez & Katie Miles - "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5
- Ben Lee, Josh Johnson, Joel Peña, & Andy Chen - "Bromance/Nice Guy Mashup" by Nigahiga
- Aric Zhu - "CTY Canon Medley"
- TJ Noel-Sullivan & Alex Eishingdrelo - "Most Beautiful Girl"
- The Nightmare Band* - The Nightmare Becomes Real
- Kenny & David - Nightmare Rave
- Kevin Shen - "Bye, Bye, My CTY"
- Gina and the Lady RAs - The Moment Kenny's Been Waiting For
- Teddy Sevilla, Ashley Lee, Ryan Guo, Evelyn Chang, Ani Wicenski, Emily Liao, Joel Peña, Mila Escajadillo - "Riptide" by Vance Joy
- Ryan Guo, Kristen Miciotta, Griffin Badalamente, Gaynor Norcott, Aric Zhu, & Joe Chavez - Final Raving Performance
14.2 "GalaxCTY Talent Show"
Held at Filene Hall
Name*= CTY Staff Member
- The Astronotes* First Manned Mission to Earth
- David Belkin Prelude
- Simona Innocenti & Bhavya Gopinath Hey Soul Sister
- Jane Maeng, Allison Li Defying Gravity
- Anton Repnikov & Luke Stocker Ice Ice Baby
- Daniel Mitrano, Andy Chen & Mike* Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Katie Phelan I Wanna Be Yours
- Michelle Hu Little Fugue in G Minor
- Maeve Brammer & Sachin Mathew Riptide
- Mary Beth* & Paul* Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Priyanka Kumar All of Me
- Julian Wang An Idea
- Kaitlyn Chen Demons
- Walter Gadaby & Maxim Belyayev Ball
- Ian* One Man Band: "A Sky Full of Stars
- Tess Herdman I Dreamed a Dream
- Ammar Ar Qatari Poetry Reading
- Jojo Attal Your Song
- Ajay Walther Piano Solo
- Mike*, Ian*, Duncan Freeman Norwegian Light: A Beatles Tribute
- Nellie Spektor, Anton Repnikor, Max Neobel, Suraag Srinivas Partner Poi
- Peter Lu, Derek Shue, Kim Ho, Ajay & Cary Chai Find You
- Priyon Pathlrana, Daniel Mitrano Janitor
- Sidney Sponer, Peter Lu Unthinkable
- Mary Beth* Over the Rainbow
- Chrstina Wang Warrior
- Stephanie Workman Wings
- Katherine Rigny Shake it Out
- Neal Krishna Piano - Prokoviev Suggestion Diabolique
- John* One is a Lonely Number
- Ash Vlahos Bathtub
- Mckayla Tyrrell, Alissa Yang, Cindy Guo, Kimberly Ho, Monica Chang, Iris Liao Latch (Only Video as Audio was taken out due to copyright)
- Jean Luo Noctourne by Chopin
- Jack Schumann Hula Hooping
- Nightmare Band* In Space
- Ani Nagesha, Christophe Theodore, Ben Eisenberg, Cary Chai, Sasha Kennedy JQ* and Some of the Boys, minus JQ* and Some Girl from Ali's Hall
- Suraag Srinivas, Stefanie Workman CTY Dumb Ways to Die (Dumb Ways to CTY)
Final Song "Pompeii" by Bastille
15.1 "Talent Show at the Center of the Earth"
Held at Filene Hall
Name* = CTY Staff Member
- Vivian Kwong & Anna Li - Someone Like You
- Eunji Lee & Manya Kidambi - Skyfall
- Josh Rotenberg - Comedy
- Charlotte Murphy & Aitana Burman - Hey There, Delilah
- Sarah O'Malley Graham - I Never Got to Say Goodbye
- Rebecca* - Musical Hall Meeting
- Sky Roach & Andi Cheng - Nine in the Afternoon
- Emily* & Garrett* - Oh, It Is Love
- Anders Ode - Piano and Weird Body Tricks
- Ryan Guo - The Scientist
- Tarini Venkat - Sparks Fly
- Tadea Martin-Gonzalez - Extreme Cupid Shuffle
- Andrew Chen - I Will Follow You Into the Dark
- Riley Yuen, Anna Dai, & Ceci Villaseñor - I'm Yours
- Department of Sanitation (Natasha Stange, Vicky Chen, Frank, Chris C, Dan*, Sarah O'Malley Graham, Kayton Rotenberg, Hailey Horowitz, Aditi Raghavan) - Sanitation: A Detailed Overview
- Sajan Ramanathan, Jonathan Baccay, & Michael Zhou - Satan and Jonathan's Magical Duo (+ Michael)
- THE BOYZ (Ashley Nobi, Michael Zhou, Nick Covelli, Hudson Kussie, Will Gao, Avi Madsen, Will Vanderbilt-Fried, Duncan Freeman, Ryan Guo, Griffin Badalamente, & Byron Sun + Dan* & JQ*) + Vivian Kwong, Ceci Villaseñor, Lica Porcile, Camila Brown, Jessie Kwong, Dori Newman, Elaine Wang, May Levin, Qing Woon, Leeza Petrov, Mila Escajadillo, & Carly James - Classical Dancing with the Boyz + High School Musical Flashmob
- Sachin Mathew - Two-Headed Boy
- Mim* - Melodramatic Musings
- Adrienne* - Lockouts
- Carly James - Humanism
- Anna Li - Elastic Heart
- Ashley Lee & Ryan Guo - Anna Maria
- Zev Lichtenberg - Nikola Tesla Rap
- Dan* - Coalminin'
- Sarina Xin - Hold Me Down
- Zoe White, Piper Fahey, Julia Yu, Max Nobel, Devon Whalen, Sarina Xin, & Andi Cheng - Holy Musical B@man!
- Viky Filippou - Dog Days Are Over
- John* - A Song in Minor
- Kim Ho, Viky Filippou, Victoria Zhao, Jacqueline Rino, Michael Zhou [Will Gao] - Hall of Fame
- Anshul Barnwal - Disney Sing-a-Long
- Mary Beth* & Travis* - To the Gentlemen of Travis' Hall…
- Will Gao - With You, Friends
- Sasha Kucher - Breakdancing
- Ryan Guo, Griffin Badalamente, & Garrett* - Most Beautiful Girl
- Mila Escajadillo, Carly James, Ashley Lee, Ashley Nobi, Andi Cheng, Ryan Guo, & Zev Lichtenberg - House of Gold
- The HYPE* - The HYPE
- Female R.A.s - What Dreams Are Made Of
- Ryan Guo, Max Nobel, Griffin Badalamente, Andi Cheng, Zev Lichtenberg, & Piper Fahey - Raving
15.2 " 20,000 Leagues Under The CTY"
Held at Filene Hall
Name*= CTY Staff Member
- Adrienne* - The Hall Meeting Song
- Vicky Filippou - Valerie by Amy Winehouse
- Kylie and the Nerds - Kylie and the Nerds
- Anqi Xu - Chopin Etude Op. 25, No.6
- Kailyn Chen & Grace Qian (Special Guest appearance by Fionna) - See You Again
- Natalie Keyes & Daniel Mitrano - "Strange Charm" by Hank Green
- Priam Pathirana - CTY Ninja
- Ian Olasov* - Dr.Yanni: A CTY-Themed Rap
- Dheivanai Moorthy - "If I Should Have a Daughter" by Sarah Kay
- Tess Herdman & Sachin Mathew - Think of Me
- Kunal Sengupta, Emily Leibiger, Leila Eshghi, Evelyn Mesler, & Ji Baek - Kunal and His Ladies
- Gianna Ciccotto - "Warriors" by Imagine Dragons
- Aloha Cerit - "Hula"
- Alex Gorman & Nithya Swaminathan - Under the Sea
- Christina Wang, Athena Chu, & Grace Scull - Nearest Exit
- Garrett* - Oh, it is Love
- Alessandra Quigley, Emma Howard, Irene Qiao, Anqi Xu & Rebecca* - Google Translate Sings Bohemian Rhapsody
- Jacq Benoit, Judy Min, Jane Maeng, Dariana Gil, Andrea Zhu, Lucy Lu, Julia Homg, Serena Ren, Izzy Koh, & Stephanie* - Shut Up and Dance/ Teenage Dream
- Christina Wang - A Letter to my Past Self
- Irene Qiao & Anqi Xu - "Concierto in G" by Bruch
- John* - The Life and Times of a Dinosaur
- Jiwon Song, Avital Rabinovitch, & Mary Beth* - "Pure Imagination" From Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Kira Whisenhunt - A Poem
- Mary Beth* - For Sally's Hall
- Izzy Koh & Vicky Filippou - Mash Up
- David Darrow & Sachin Mathew - Broad Ripple is Burning
- Dan* - Sailin'
- Theodore Stubbs, Varun, Wadhwa, & Bryan Zhou - The Ballet Boys
- Mim* - Melodramatic Musings
- Rachael Ding, Skyler Bennett & Sharon Tang - Titanium
- Jack Schumann - Hula Hoop
- Athena Chu - To the Voices In My Head
- Justin Lee - Hand Whistling
- Aditi Agarwal, Simona Innocenti, Evelyn Mesler, Eloise Bellingham, & Viky Filippou - "All I Want" by Kodaline
- Eilidh Kaune - Je Vole
- Kaito Arai & Dan* - Crossroads
- Apollo Astronauts* - Fake the Moon Landing
- Ben* and Adrienne* - Revnege (REVAHNGE!)
- Henry Middleton, Chris Theodore, Kunal Sengupta, Jack Schumann, Duncan Freeman, Jack Sinclair, & Leila Eshghi - JQ* and THE BOIZ + Leila - Leila + Leila (phor real this time): Part fore (IV) of for (4): The Final Countdown
- Ethan Unger - Music of the Night
- Duncan Freeman, David Lustig, & Johnathan Arentsen - Joke Time with Duncan (and Acquaintances)
- Michael Chen - Yoyo Sensation
- Sachin Mathew, Janpal LaChapelle, Dheivanai "D" Moorthy, Celine Khoo, & Maeve Brammer - Little Talks
- The Lady RAs* - JQ* and the Lady RA's, minus JQ plus Adrienne*, ft. DJ Microwave and possibly a Wolf
- The Hype* + 1 Brit* - THE HYPE*
- Evelyn Mesler, Eloise Bellingham, & Izzy Koh - 3 Weeks
Final Song: "Slice" By Five For Fighting
16.1 "Valhal-ent Show"
Held at Filene Hall
- Elena Tisnovsky - Feelin' Good
- Adrienne C. Papescu - Nerd Humor of an Awkward Kind
- Spencer - Variations on Twinkle
- Christopher Scott Curtice - Encore
- Health Assistant Meaghan and RA Mary Beth - Dance
- Charlotte Murphy - Ferris Wheel
- Stanley Liu, Riley Yuen, Jessie Kwong, Daphne Li, Andrew Huang, Byron Sun - Byron Sun (Nice Guys Finish Last)
- Viky and Kaiti Filippou - Little Black Submarine
- Xavier Plourde - Impressions on Yellow
- Francis Coughlin - Find the Pieces
- Brian Cerra - Hymn for Band
- Megan Lagerquist, Joyce Guo, Daphne Li, Catherine Vandermillen, Emma Snoddy, Shelby Coe, Dori Newman, Jessie Kwong - Like I'm Gonna Lose You
- RA Peter and RA Bella - Jive Dance
- Stanley Liu - "Payphone" Fingerstyle Guitar
- Josh Rotenberg - Comedy
- Byron Sun and Duncan Freeman (and Quanah and Dan Bell) - Most Beautiful Girl
- Zoe White - Ain't No Sunshine
- Transcendents - Transcendence
- Viky Filippou - If I Ain't Got You
- Zev Lichtenberg - Untitled Poem
- B-Boy Green Thunder - Hit the Quan
- Oscar, Ben, Sachin, Jeremy, Gabe, Mark, and Jacob - Dorkhestra
- Jason Huang - Bach Fantasia in C Minor
- RA Mary Beth and RA Scott - The Way I Am
- Zoe, Piper, Ryan - Synergy
- Alec, D'Jamuel, RA Dan, RA Quanah, Gabe, Julian - Careless Whisper
- Brian Liu - Wushu
- Stanley and Sachin - Cute Kiddos
- RA Quanah - The Runner
- Dan's Hall, The Best Hall - For the Longest Time
- Nevermores - Mulan Flash Mob (see Memories:SAR)
- Carly James - I Want You to Want Me
- RA Mary Beth - 7 Years (but the CTY version that made everyone cry)
- Nevermore girls (and Randy) - Dental Hygine (see Memories:SAR)
- Male RA's - THE HYPE 3.0
- Female RA's - Frozen
- Carly James, Zev Lichtenberg, Viky Filippou, Ryan Paddock, Charlotte Murphy, Aitana Burman, and Sachin Mathew - San Francisco
- Piper Fahey, Zev Lichtenberg, Carly James, Ryan Paddock, Sachin Mathew, Zoe White - Raving
16.2 "The Fountain of Talented Youth"
Held at Filene Hall
- Luke Farrell - A CTY Rap
- Sachin Mathew and Grace Sanders - "Fine, Great" by Even Cuter Kiddos
- Christopher Xu - Barbies are Cool (was misspelled as Babies are Cool on the pamphlet)
- Dorothy Zhou and Daisy Fernandez - Faulty Fortune Teller
- SRA Adrienne - Audition
- Aloha Cerit - Counting Stars
- Jacob Gorenburg - Snapshots
- Kaitlyn Chen, Grace Qian, and Fionna Zhang - "Waiting for Love" by Avicii (Feat. Fionna the page turner)
- Emily Leibiger - Dramatic Reading
- Claire Zhang, Mona Wang, Chris Wirth, Elan Peng, Chris Xu, and Chrisitne Shi - Xiao Ping Guo
- RA Peter and RA Bella - Dancin'
- Daisy Fernandez - Stressed Out
- Jake Gallin - Musical Surprise
- Lauren Liu - "Burn" from Hamilton
- Rhys Bloom - The Earth's Lament
- Health Assistant Meaghan - Kitri Variation from Don Quixote (Act III)
- Aditi Agarwal - Viola Cover of "Crystalize" by Lindsey Stirling
- Duncan Freeman, Rishabh Prakash, Adam Garrity, Avi Madsen and Ben Levin - Magic Show 2000 XXL
- Dani Knobloch - Lost Boy
- SRA Geoff and RA Gwendolyn- Boltera Family Vacation
- Hanna Grauer, Divya Popat, Eden Harel, Aditi Agarwal, Kira Whisenhunt, Aloha Cerit and Maiya Nielsen - CTY is Lit
- Dorothy Zhou - Angel with a Shotgun
- RA Scott, RA Mary Beth, RA Dan, SRA Geoff, and Kenny Zhang
- Anthea Luo - Fantasie Impromptu Opus 66
- Johnathan Siveyer, Nicholas Carey-- Team Leader - Magic: ________
- Grace Sanders- "Young" (originally by Frankie Cosmos)
- RA Carrie - "As If We Just Said Goodbye
- Molly May and Eilidh Kaune - Seann Truibhas
- RA Mike - Colonel Mike Panther: A Witch Hunter's Lament
- The Covnitive Psychology Class - Focus
- Sachin Mathew and Maeve Brammer - I Can't Help Falling in Love with You
- D. Moorthy - Etude in D, Variations
- Duncan Freeman, Rishabh Prokash, Adam Garrity, Avi Madsen, and Ben Levin - Cutthroat Kitchen: Adam V. Duncan
- Michael Chen - Magic Yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo
- The Lady RA's - Frozen 2: Even Colder
- The Hype - Vol. 4: The Return of Travie G.
- Celine Khoo, Maeve Brammer, Emily Leibiger, and D. Moorthy - Rhythm of CTY
Final Song: "In My Life" By The Beatles
17.1 "The Talent Shoe"
- Appi Dhadda- Turning Tables
- E. Spencer Sheldon- Little Prelude in C Minor
- Galaxy Scheuer & Rose Luttmer- Who's on First?
- Mary Muromcew- Kendama Toy!
- Victoria Chamberlain & Emma Ooyang- Singing and Dancing
- Frances, Riley, Isabel & Nikita- Hey Soul Sister
- TA Ayman*- Cube
- Kate Vasquez- Polonaise in G Minor by Chopin and Toccatina by Kabalevsky
- Mia Toledo-Navaro- Jealous
- Zivia Lichtenberg- How to Minimize Use of Paper Towels Subsequent to Hand Washing: A Mildly Interactive Performance
- RA Dayna*- How Far I'll Go
- Riley Boksenbaum- For the Sake of the Ashes
- Serotonin- You're So Pretty
- Alex Jabor & Jabe Ruoff- The Most Beautiful Girl
- The Transcendents- Transcendence II: The Re-Awakening
- Instructor Andres*- New York New York
- Aitana Burman- Pluto
- RA Carrie* & RPA Evan*- Footloose Swing
- Elan Peng, Evan Cheng & Sebastian Mekhaya- Fidget Spinner Mystery Box
- The Crab Coalition- 99 Crab
- this didn't happen due to the fact that there were only 98 crab
- Colonel Mike & the Panthers- Cardiac Eclipse
- Gilda DelBianco- Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique
- Willy- Freedom
- Ben*, Ben* & Ben*-Two and a Half Bens
- Charlotte Murphy- Stone
- Jacob Garlic, Daniel X., Spencer W., Ethan H., Eric M., Sasha M., Kaiti F., Jabe R., Jason G., Alex J., Nelson L., Kaiya V.- Build Me Up Buttercup
- Zivia Lichtenberg, Alex Jabor, Charlotte Murphy, Aitana Burman, Nikita Muromcew, Quincy Cabot- Raving
17.2 "Ekim Presents: The Show of Spooky Talents"
- Shrek and the All-Stars - We Are All Stars
- Athena Li - I'll Stand By You
- Jack Altman - Fur Elise
- Susanah Abrams and Thisbe Wu - Tango: Maureen
- Dorothy Zhou - House of Gold
- Hudson Jakubowicz, Alan Wang, Elan Peng - Another Musical Act
- Aidan Parilla - Hallelujah
- Christopher Xu and John Chen - Foxilicious
- RA Dayna* - Defying Gravity
- Jerry Soong - Piano Music
- Riik - Comedy Sketch
- Sara Darklight - Come and See Me (Cover)
- Kavita Shah - Wings
- Alan, Paul, Jeff, Andy, Elan, Richard, John Wu, Derek, Athena, Neel, RAs Mike*, Brent* and Chris* - Chinese National Anthem
- RA Brent*, TA Kate*, Eilidh Kaune, Paul Jin, Gabriela Feinberg - Dance of the Giraffes
- Daisy Fernandez, Dorothy Zhou, Rhys Bloom - The 9 Types of CTYers
- Katie Chen - Learn to Love
- TA Chris* - Raving Basics
- Alice Zhang, Angie Zhong, Dorothy Zhou - I NEED U
- Katelyn Cai - Contortion
- Daisy Fernandez - All My School Peers
- RA Carrie* and her Brother* - Footloose Swing
- Rhys Bloom - Why Did I
- Daniel Greenman, Eric Yamaguchi, Dmitri Demler, Weston Harkey, Cole Witko, Peter Nydam, Ed Rigney, Dorrian Cohen, Ethan Wu, RA Austin* - Live Sequin-Tuexedoed Seals
- Susanah Abrams, Thisbe Wu, Lauren Liu - Seasons of Love
- Elan Peng, Alice Zhang - Sky's the Limit
- RA Hannah*, DRL Adrienne* - The Reluctant Oboist and Friend
- Enyonam Adoboe, Chloe Hanson, Katie Chen, Neel Shah, Kelly Ahesn, Hannah Grauer, Elena Vietri, Lucy McMavon, Divya Popat, Ella Potee - The Fall of Jake Paul
- Hudson Jakubowicz - Hudson Man Sings Goodbye to Alexa
- RA Dan* and RA Mike* - Book Reading
- Amy + Kelly - Three Weeks
- Franz O'Hanna - "Photograph" by Arcade Fire
- Dalynn Miller - Stone Cold
- Luke Farrell - Geography
- Ella Potee, Chloe Hanson, Enyonam Adoboe, Hannah Grauer, Elena Vietri, Divya Popat - Count on CTY
- Skyler Bennett, Kaiti Philippou, Amy Hidalgo, Alex Zhong - Raving
Final Song: Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day
18.1 "The Greatest Show"
- Cirque du RA - The Greatest Show
- Imroze Singh, Kaetlyn Ma, Kaiti Filipou, Sophia Ma, Alexis Robles, James Hubbard, Nikhil Bahal, Kayla Lang, Daniel Xu, Jerry Soong - The Wii Song
- Mary - Kendama (cancelled due to the kendama string breaking)
- Forrest Gao - Etude Opus 12
- Julia Giventer - Titanium
- Jerry Soong - Assortment of Piano Music
- Riley Boksenbaum - Haleluja (misprinted as Hallelujah; Haleluja is the Esperanto spelling)
- Kaiti, Daniel, Debra, Sophia, Nelson, Katelyn, Kayla, Imroze, Jerry, Spencer, Jacob, Alexis, Tim, Jack, Daisy, Riley - Take Me Home Country Roads
- RA Cynthia & RA Matt - The Best Part
- Tara Gill - When We Were Young
- Eric Tu - Pathetique Sonata
- RA Matt - A Tribute
- Api, Sam, Gia - Riptide
- Ashley Liu, Jasmine Wu - In My Blood
- Joel Hokkanen, Theodore Woodworth, Dorrian Cohen, Ben, Phevos Paschalidis, Ben Rotstein, Greyson, Dimitri Demler - Inner City Pressure
- Ayan Barnwal - Caprice in D
- RA Edie - 4'33"
- Joyce, Michelle, Olivia, Laura - Young & Dumb
- Debra Boutom & Daisy Fernandez - It's Lights Out
- Xavier Plourde - Wedding Day in Troldhaugen
- Sara Hightower - Demons
- Daisy Fernandez - Salt
- Jerry Soong, Imroze Singh, Spencer Wood, Jacob Grimm, Sophia Ma - Vuvuzelas
- RA Nikki - A Million Dreams
- Dorothy Zhou - Classic
- Maya, Api, Diya, Same, Meghan, Beverly - Believer (misprinted as Beliver)
- Kat - Original song-"Soulmate"
- Nelson & Daniel - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Nelson Lin, Kaiti Fillipou, Mary Muromcew, Stephan Linden, Nikhil Bahal, Sophia Ma, James Hubbard - Raving
- I'll Make a Man out of You - Flash Mob
18.2 "The Phantom of the Talent Show"
- Cirque du RA - The Greatest Show
- Ivyann Shen - Etude Op.10 No 3.
- Lauren Zhu & Ivyann Shen - "What Baking Can Do"
- Chara Anekwe - So Will I (100 Billion X)
- Ryan Denooyer - Pirates of the Caribbean
- Rhys Bloom & Jeffrey Condell - Eleanor Rigby
- RA Haashim - Naruto Chunin Exam: Naruto vs Neji
- Irene Yang & Lauren Zhu - "The Other Side"
- Joshua Ovadia - Old Man River
- Nicolas Andreshak - Counter Attack
- Nastia P - Smooth Criminal Dance
- Jacob, Tal, & RA Matt - Shape of You Medley
- RA Mim - Musings
- Lauren Koenig & Justin Bieber(Vicky Gorman) - Baby
- Fabriciana De Soriano (Breezy) - Overgrown
- RAs Nikki & Caleb - Caleb's Makeover
- Kate Chritton - Caesar's Terrible
- SRA Hannah - Hoboe
- Arjun Khurana - Blackout
- The Phantom - Moons Out, Goons Out
- Grace Lee - Playing the Dank Flute
- Inga Andruszkiewicz - Jazz Dance
- Haesu Dawkins - Dumb
- RAs Adam, Matt, Marshall, Edie, Nick, and Nikki - The Mysterious Ticking Noise
- Sophie Barth - The Ukelele Thing
- Akari Tomita - 3 Minute Jazz
- RA Edie - 4'33"
- Alice Zhang - Chinese Yoyo
- RA Taylor - Treacherous
- Edward, Dorrian, Patrick, Parakram, Arthur, Noah, Maxwell, Arya, Chris, Levi, Macon, Arjun - Happy Birthday Patrick! (Transcendence V: Genesis)
- Hudson Jakubowicz - Escalator to Paradise
- DJ Darrel - Boots and Cats
- Alex, Amy, Hudson, Tina - The Rave
- Dalynn Miller - Thrifted Youth
- Amy, Dalynn, Katherine, Hudson, Christina, Alex, Dorrian, Ed, Grace, Chris, Alice, Sophie, Ella, Katya - A Song for Saratoga
Both student and staff talent shows are held at Lancaster (Session 2) on separate days. On the last Tuesday and Wednesday, the talent shows are held in place of activities. The next day, Friday (calendar Thursday), was historically the day of key and fob return, although due to the new self-locking doors, this has since been changed to the morning of the last day. At Session One, the student talent show takes place on the last Wednesday in lieu of activities. The RA Palooza (AKA the staff talent show) takes place during quad time on the last Tuesday. The Site Director will select a student talent show act to perform at closing ceremonies on the last day along with the class skits.
06.2 Student Show
Master of Ceremonies - Blake Barnett
- Ashok Bhaskar - Devil's Sticks (to "Hot Ride" by The Prodigy)
- Ariane Turley - Flute ("Vivace" by Michel Blavet)
- Alexis Kravitz - Juggling (to "Salterello III" by New York's Ensemble)
- Teryn Dickson - Breakdancing (to "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai)
- Rachel Todd - Ballet (to "The Tower" by Vienna Teng)
- Sandra Korn - Cello ("Rondo" by Boccherini)
- Jacob Hurwitz - Solving a Rubik's Cube while reciting first 200 digits of π.
- Sarah Hackney - Guitar & Voice ("The View From Heaven", in tribute to Phil Gunn)
- Christian "Christ" Burnette and Michael "Mike" Len - Raving (to "Liquify" by Toby Emerson)
07.2 Student Show
Masters of Ceremonies - William Saulnier and Ali Tammaro
- Elizabeth Leimkuhler - National Anthem
- Vanessa Baratta - Flutopia (flute)
- Jake Fernandez - Hallelujah (singing)
- Kara Lee and Lauren Willhoite - Missing You (singing and guitar)
- Austin Penner and James Chang - Extreme Rubik's Cubing
- Michael Krause - Martial Arts
- Student A Capella, AKA Something Funny - Eye of the Tiger
- Miriam Woodward - Iris (dance)
- Ilana Rice - Life of the Party
- Blabingos - Cotton Eye Joe (dance)
- Sarah Hackney - Blackbird (singing and guitar)
- Gavin Cook - Xtreme Lanyard Swinging
- MC Skit - Frank's Fire Extinguisher
09.2 Student Show
Masters of Ceremonies - Alex Kohanski and William S.
- Emma Sterling, Dennis Cowan, and Sam Fomon - "You and I" by Ingrid Michaelson
- Mariel MacGowan, Joseph Rush, and William Harlow - Scene from "The Fun Guy from Yuggoth"
- Sam Fomon - "Hey Ya"
- Jackie Liu - 330+ digits of Pi
- Elyse Guziewicz - "Pie Jesu"
- Michael Sha - Mendelssohn Violin Concerto #2 3rd Movement
- Elena Riecke and Otter Lee - "Bop to the Top"
- Joseph Rush - Single-handed double glowsticking
- Ray Kim, Andrew Bae, and Ignatius Nam - "Man in the Mirror" (acoustic guitar cover)
- MC Skit - Pokemon Lanyard Blue
10.2 Student Show
- Note-probably never gonna be posted because they didn't print out programs for 10.2
11.2 Student Show
- Dance Group-Afreen Fahad, Ezra Brooks, Gaurav Nath, Matthew Brecher, Mayee Chen, Ramya Rao, Richa Vijayvergiya, Rose yin, and Samantha Li to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce
- Afreed Fahad, Samantha Li, and RA Shae Fitzgerald-guitar/vocals to "Mean" by Taylor Swift
- Jaya Mohan and Sarah Dunleavy-piano/vocals to "Haunted" by Taylor Swift
- Daniel kipnis-piano, Beethoven's 8th Symphony
- Farah Gwdat and Yassmine Abdelmoreleb-dancing
- Elizabeth Formon and Noah Goldstein-guitar/vocals to "Sound Of Silence" by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel
- Levi Meerovitch and Skylar Karzhevsky-piano/bass/vocals to "Norwegian Wood" by the Beatles
- Josh Kim and Mike Sha-violin/cello
- Academic Counselors and Health Office Administrators-dance medley
- Elena Weissmann and Erik Baier-guitar/vocals to "One" by U2
- Maddie Lemberg-piano to self-composed piece "Interest"
- Esther Kim and Esther Kim (same dorm, same class, birthdays one day apart)-track/vocals to "Intuition" by CNBlue
- Hannah Johnston-piano/vocals to "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns 'N' Roses
- May Shum and Mindy Cheng-piano/vocals to "This Love" by Maroon 5
- Angie Fenton-track/vocals to "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele (with backup vocals from other performers)
- Eric Lei and Noah Li-dancing to "I'll Be Back" by 2PM
15.2 Student Show
- Programs were again skipped in favor of a powerpoint projected onto a sheet where literally everyone's name was misspelled, despite correct spelling on the setlist.
- Marty Rachap and AR Ciccariello were the MCs and were told (potentially incorrectly) that they were the first student MCs at LAN
- The theme was Nin-talent which was so bad that it was literally the first joke of the night.
- Audio levels were notoriously horrible, best highlighted during rehearsal when one girl said directly into the mic "I'd like to thank the sound guys" and the sound guys responded with "what?" and "speak up" distortion was so bad that you could not hear what was being said onstage from behind the stage (or in front of it) which made everything suck a little.
- Ashley Yao, a 17 year old nomore from LOS brought the LOS tradition of singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" with nomores and nevermores at the session 2 talent show, but the organizers were not aware of this and put her act in the middle of the second act (I think she was 17) which just made everyone very sad partway through and also a little bit more hungry.
16.1 Student Show
- Macarena and Cheese: Doing the Macarena to the Mii Song. Need I say more?
As of (at least) 09.2, the Quiz Bowl takes place immediately before or after the talent show.
As of 16.2, Quiz Bowl now takes place after the mandatory hall bonding on first Sunday, after numerous complaints caused the original afternoon activity (Sundae Funday Sunday) to be discontinued. There is now free time directly after the talent show.
06.2 Talent Show
MCs: Yean Do, Miriam Lynch, and Isaac Schlect
Tech Crew: Ian Hull (Tech God), Bonne Eisenman, Charlotte Lee, Kenneth Lin, Ever Ramirez, Olivia Stransky, Margaret Sulerzyski
- Kevin Yang (piano), Jon Hecht (Bowser), Chase Stevens (Mario) - "Super Mario Brothers, Live" by Jon Hecht and Chase Stevens
- Eva Suarez - "I Get Along Without You Very Well" by Cole Porter
- Mike Morgan and Nico Mihalich - "Bar Rage" by the Glenngarry Bhoys
- Robert Knickerbocker - "Tarantella"
- Crystal Tung - "Dravidian Dithyramb"
- Michael Cretella - "New American Classic" by Taking Back Sunday
- Lucas Matheson - "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" by Paul McCartney and John Lennon
- Dave Miracchi, Andrew Levy, and Nico Mihalich - "Tribute" by Tenacious D
- Liz Schierer - "My Father's Favorite"
- Taylor Lloyd - "Solo de Concours"
- Philip Chodrow - "Tae Kwon Do"
- Meridith Richmond - "Tap Dancing to 'Scat'"
- Gary "Squeaky" Minassian - "Guitar Improvisation"
- George Hotz - "Konstantine" by Something Corporate
- Lily Kerrigan and Aria Sharma, accompanied by Chris White - "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" by Tom Lehrer
- Dom Hazzard, accompanied by Jon Hecht - "Why Do We Have to Say Goodbye?" by Dom Hazzard
- "RA Madness," performed by your very own Residential Assistants
07.1 Talent Show
MCs: Jeanette Kim, Will Pfeiffer, Jon Rigby
07.2 Talent Show
MCs: Sarah Boutom, Ali Sanne, Alex ter Weele, Jeremy McCandlish
Tech Crew: Ian Hull (Tech God), Nathaniel Byerly, Cristina D Ancona, Elizabeth Fair, Fionna Howes, Matthew Mahoney, Alexander Mechanick, Julian Spector, Zachary Taylor, Zachary Young
- Justin Brown - "Polichinelle" by Rachmaninoff
- Arhea Marshall - "To Be or Not To Be" by William Shakespeare
- Kiri Strack-Grose - bagpipe medley - "Molly Raukin's" by John Raukin, "Brenda Stubbert's" by Brenda Stubbert, "The Silver Spear", "Jenny's Chickens"
- Jessica Chu - "Tong Hua" by Guang Liang
- Hayden Chun - "Beat Box Explosion"
- Karen Bao - "Roumanian Folk Dances" by Bela Bartok
- Elizabeth Jarvis - "Dramas on the Nile" choreographed by Jennifer Vick
- Lauren McGarry - "Cantuus Inaquelis" from Adiemus
- Brian Riemer - "Hotel California"
- RA Phil's Hall- 200 digits of Pi
- RA Marshall - Ode to CTY
- RA Taylor - singing
- RA Abby - "Blackbird" - original choreography
Will be uploaded soon.
Lists of Acts for 08.2 will be uploaded soon. Acts included a Rubik's cube duel, a performance of the song "Little Wonders" by Brian Reimer, a skit about the ballerina's by Max's hall, and a cello performance by Alexandra "Peanut" Demers.
MCs: Jeff Herr and Fish Stark
09.1 Talent Show
MCs: Jeanette Kim, Stephanie Oen, and Brittany
09.2 Talent Show
MCs: Fish Stark, Whitney Wu
Some acts: Nate Cho playing Violin Two girls singing "Concrete Angel" Zachary Bord and Madison signing and dancing "The Tango: Maureen" The "Y'all Hall" performing a spoof on American Idol Sarah Lander's reading of haikus Alexi Block Gorman singing "God Help The Outcasts" Conner Davis performing a magic/comedy act (With assistant Alexi Block Gorman) A TA skit featuring funny words (Such as galoshes, macadamia, gazebo, bulbous bouffant) Tin: The Musical (an RA skit)
10.1 Talent Show
MCs: Paul Chichura, Mack Muldofsky Theme: HUB Potatoes
RA Acts: Peanut Butter Jelly Time, Phonetic Punctuation, Spanish Rap
10.2 Talent Show
MCs: Martin Perez, Fish Stark
(note: the order of acts here has probably been butchered beyond all belief)
- Piano Act - Kevin Dou
- Glowstringing - Max Umland
- Mad World - guitar and vocals: Jon Kirby
- Violin Piece - Charlie Maier
- The Water is Wide, acapella - Michelle
- Piano Medley - Colin Donnelly
- An Act Regarding Punctuation - RA Sam
- Original Poem - Jesse Montemurro
- Instructor Ernie Ko and TA David Richter, piano duet
- Ernie Ko and TA Gang Liu, piano and singing
- RA Pokemon Skit
- The Rainbow Connection - vocals: Gaines, piano: Ross Rheingans, violin: Amalia Bowen\
- Princesses at CTY (skit) - Various People
- Original Composition - piano: Louis Bartholomew
- Striker doing some african drum thing
- Numb - piano - Dane Jennings
- 15 - vocals: ?
- Stockholm Syndrome - bass: Terence Casey
- Out Here On My Own - vocals: Regina LoBiondo
- Desolation Row - spoken-word vocals: Seamus Kirkpatrick, banjo: Rebecca 'Moose' Trickey
- Glowstringing - Whitney Wu
Los Angeles (LMU)
At LMU, the staff and students both perform in the same talent show. The talent show is on the second Saturday of the session, or second Sunday of some sessions when the gymnasium is not available on the Saturday, and lasts three hours with an intermission. During the intermission, occasionally, refreshments will be offered. During 2009, both the first and second session talent show were held in the Amphitheatre. During the talent show, there is a special nevermore/nomore song that happens at the end of the talent show, in which the nevermores [and, in second session, nomores] come up and sway in front of the stage while a select few are onstage and sing the song. In first session, the song is Seasons of Love from the musical Rent, started in 06.1. In second session, the song is Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver, and was started by Leah Steuer in 2005 and continued by Zoe Grieder in 2007, Mary, Heidi Quach, Katie and Chelsea Leu, and Divya Goel in 2008, Brice Green, Allegra Choi & David Krucik in 2009, and Margot Solmssen, Diana Delgado, and Melani Shahin in 2010.
06.1 Talent Show
MCs: "Grass" Kau, Rebecca Clark, Jared Solmssen, and Madeline "Swish" Swisher
Sound System: Spencer Dirrim
- Chris Fung, Alex Boyd, Remy Mock, Eric Chen, Jen Casabar, Peter Luo, Brandon Lee, Kevin Yang, Nick Lam - Hip Hop
- Haley Bartels, Jillian Meeker, Jenna Go, Brigid Martin - "Seasons of Love"
- David Song - Guitar Medleys
- Aviv Gilad-Golgeier - "Bach Goldberg Variation"
- Harshini Jayaram (performing without companion Lucy McCabe, who was injured) - Indian Dance
- Albert Chang - "Legende"
- John Boyle, Albert Chen, Aviv Gilad-Golgeier - Random Advertisements
- Morgan Wang - "Basic Subtraction"
- Val Moore, Michael Yao, Nicholas Platoff - "The Nerds"
- Alex Boyd - Human Beatbox
- Aviv Gilad-Golgeier - Piano
- "Grass" Kau (not performed due to stolen ukulele) - "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"
- Aviv Gilad-Golgeier, Gary Yeung - "Fuzz and Gary Present..."
- Alex Blum - Juggling
- Ryan Crout, Spencer Dirrim - "One Winged Angel"
- Nicole Brown, Samantha Park, Jennifer Lee, Divya Rao, Sophia Liang - "1, 2, Step"
- Haley Bartels, Jillian Meeker - "Elephant Love Medley"
- Mike Langen, Johnny Z - "Street Magic"
- Lucy McCabe - "I'm The Only One"
- Kirk Huang - "Fantasie Impromtu"
- Vincent Le - Juggling with Rubik's Cubes
- Amy Zhang - "Come Away With Me"
- Albert Chang - Card Tricks
- Kevin Huang - "Fantasia in C Minor"
- Harshini Jayaram, Emily McKee, Andrea Tang - "When There was Me and You"
- Rebecca Clark, Sunita Chepuri, Erika Ji, Amy Nguyen, Jillian Meeker, Sam Hsieh, Kate Weiner, Haley Bartels - "Little Romeo and J-Lo, a CTY Hopsical"
07.1 Talent Show
MCs: Rebecca Clark, Austin Clark, Danny Rivkin, and Declan Kennedy
- Emily McKee - "If He Really Knew Me"
- Shikhar Kumar - Hip Hop Dance Selection
- Sarah Klein - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
- Ryan Crout & Spencer Dirrim - "Knights of Cybonia"
- Joey Botros, Albert Chen, and Michael Yuan - Sword Fight Remake
- Franklyn Zhu - "No 2 in E Flat Major"
- Natasha Avery, Nandita Krishna, Anya Richkind, and Olivia Gardner - "Roxie"
- Edwin Zhang - "Morals"
- Haley Bartels - "Summertime"
- Alex Blum - Juggling Act
- Lizzy Hardwick - "I Enjoy Being a Girl"
- Morgan Wang - "Superfranticunproductivenothinglegislation"
- Holly Burke, Rebecca Clark, and Hannah Caldwell - "Rent: Seasons of love"
- Kirk Huang - "Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement"
- Lucy McCabe - "Other Side of the World"
- Olivia Gardner, Chase Basich, and Arielle Basich - Sing-Along Songs
- Alex Wimberley - "Popular"
- Abhi Kodukulla & Gabe Beaudoin - Worst Talent Ever
- Albert Chen & John Boyle - Dance Contest
- Natasha Avery, Nandita Krishna, Anya Richkind, and Olivia Gardner - "Mr. Blues"
- Kendall Parks & Crew - "Guitar Kids Day Off"
- Haley Bartels, Rebecca Clark, Jenna Go, and Jillian Meeker - "No Day but Today"
07.2 Talent Show
MCs: Zoe Grieder and three others.
- Emily McKee - "Black Swan"
- Miranda Guzman - "Bad Habit"
- Andy Inadomi - "99 Red Balloons"
- Christina Fong - "Crush"
- Brice Green - "Spanish Prelude by Gershwin"
- Simon Rhee - "Stand-Up Comedy"
- Miranda Lowe - "Song Without Words Number 21"
- David Smith - "Charango"
- Jackie Choi - "RA Whose Line #1" [canceled thanks to a ridiculous migraine.]
- Angelo Cruz - "The Four Horsemen"
- Liz Burch and Yang West - "On My Own"
- Sunli Kim - "Sibelius"
- Jackie Choi, Sunli Kim, Mia Buettner, Andy Inadomi, Alder Fletcher - "Canon Rock"
- Elissia Kim - "I Love You"
- Caroline Sir, Jenny Tabares, and Mia Buettner - "Better Than Tae Kwon Do"
- Jackie Choi - "RA Whose Line #2"
- Liz Burch, Yang West, and Margot Solmssen - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"
- Asher Meerovich and Holly Seyler - "I Don't Love You"
- David Krucik - "Soccerface 2"
- Ralph and Andy - "Songs"
- Daniel Liu - "I'll Cover You" (Reprised)
- Angelo Cruz and Andy Inadomi - "Unholy Confessions"
- Alan Sage, Josh Eddy and Alder Fletcher - "In Compton"
- Jason and Mike - "Secret Shakes"
- Zoe Grieder - "Surprise" ("Leaving on a Jet Plane," dedicated to Leah Steuer from 2005)
08.1 Talent Show
Theme: America's Next Top Model
MCs: Brandon Chang and Olivia Gardner (two instead of the traditional four)
- Jane Sadetsky - "Die Alone"
- Julia Regan - "Teardrops on My Guitar"
- Maya Mason and Maiya Tracy - Interpretive Dance (Maya) and Vocals (Maiya) to "Reflection" from Mulan
- Aviv Gilad Golgier (Fuzz) - Original Piano Composition
- Dillon Dong - "Viva la Vida"
- Justin Kelly - "Cows With Guns"
- Simon Orr and Madhu Vijay - Magic Act
- Haley Bartels - "Summertime" (Gershwin)
- Stephanie Ting, Michelle Lei, and Julia Regan - Skit
- Rahsaan Elridge (RA) - Rap
It was during this first act that Brandon first performed the YMCA at CTY; it was hilarious.
- Alex Blum - Juggling
- Lizzy Hardwick, Jane Sadetsky, and Brandon Chang - "CTY Pie"
- David Losh (RA) - Original Composition
- Michelle Lei - "Way Back into Love"
- Dillon Dong, Declan McKelvey-Hembree, and Morgan Wang - Skit-Swordfighting-Musical
- Erik Anderson (RA) - "Pirates of the Caribbean"
(Josh Quillin was supposed to do Queen - "We Will Rock You," but he was off-campus and was unable to perform.)
- Albert Chen - "Gypsy Airs"
- Isabelle Espy, Maiya Tracy, Lizzy Hardwick, Jane Sadetsky, and Haley Bartels - "Seasons of Love"
08.1's theme for the Talent Show was America's Next Top Model. I think most people found it offensive (yet hilarious) as the RA-written skits made fun of gay people, straight people, people in-between, and epileptic people. That last one is pretty damn hard....
08.2 Talent Show
Theme: Making the Band MCs: Divya Goel and Adam Gerard
- Andrew Casner, John Xia - "Better Off Alone," "Club Inferno" (Raving)
- Joseph Eddy, Brice Green - "Blackbird" (Guitar/vocals/saxophone)
- Tiffany "Bri" Wong, Holly Seyler - "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" (Vocal)
- Courtney Tran - Medley (Piano)
- Catherine Li, Angela Zhang, Araby Martin, Teresa Eun - "Mamma Mia!" (Vocal)
- Jackie Choi, Katherine "Katie" Leu, Chelsea Leu - "Nightswimming" (Vocal/Piano/Cello)
- Alder Fletcher - "The Hero Of Canton" (Acapella)
- Brice Green - Concerto (Saxophone)
- Carlyn - Various compositions (Band)
- David Krucik - "Soccerface 3" (Video)
- Heidi Quach, Mary D'Onofrio, Marguerite "Margot" Solmssen, Divya Goel, Kara "Kai" Woodworth - "Wannabe"(Vocal)
- John Xia - "Organ Donor" (Diabolo-ing)
- Jaibe Jeam Garces, Courtney Tran (Joined by Holly Seyler and Bri Wong) - "Hey There Delilah" (Piano/Vocal)
- Clayton Brand, Stephen Cruz - "An American Classic" (This was actually "If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands." It was amazing.) (Guitar/Vocal)
- Johanda Laloi - "Without You" (Dance)
- Divya Goel, Mary D'Onofrio, Heidi Quach, Joseph Eddy, Chelsea Leu, Katherine "Katie" Leu - "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (Guitar/Vocal)
09.1 Talent Show
Theme: Amazing Race [which fell apart during the actual show]
MC's: Maxwell 'Zac Efron' Coleman, Max Stivers, Holly Burke, and Jackie 'Allegra' Choi. Amazing techie: Simon Orr
(Not in Order)
- Hannah Seligman - Dance - "Love Story"
- Lucy McCabe - "Soldier" (Anna Nalick)
- Jordan's Hall - Dance - "Men in Tights"
- Jesse Han - Piano - "Clair de Lune"
- Alex Blum - Juggling
- C-Bad Award Ceremony
- Rachel Brodwin, Polina Aleks, Dillon Dong, Jackie 'Allegra' Choi, Morgan Wang, Brandon Chang - "Moskau" (Rocking Son)
- Dane Holding (RA), Lizzy Hardwick, Molly S., Matt Guerrero, Sarah Scheffler, Maggie Ginoza, Lucy McCabe, Brandon Chang, Dillon Dong, Morgan Wang, Jackie 'Allegra' Choi- "Bananaphone"
- Maggie Ginoza, Sarah Scheffler, Lizzy Hardwick, Lucy McCabe, Jackie 'Allegra' Choi, Dillon Dong, Matt Guerrero - "Seasons of Love" (Rent)
- Max Coleman, ?- Beat-Boxing Battle
- Connie Han - Piano and Voice - "Tetragrammatron"
- Jane Sadetsky, John Wise, Alex Blum, Aviv 'Fuzz' Gilad - "Forevermore" (Max Stivers)
- Miranda Guzman- Original Song
- Maxwell Coleman- 'Britney but better' on the piano
- Morgan Wang, Jackie 'Allegra' Choi- We'll all go together when we go
- Molly S.- The Mom Song
09.2 Talent Show
MC's: Alder Rye Fletcher, and Olivia Rose.
Amazing Techie: David Krucik
- Raji Pandya, Jackie Choi -
"Little"Literal Fugue in G Minor for two violins (Bach)
- Asia Pineschi, Grace Vasikanonte - Dance- "Eye of the Tiger"
- Rebecca Liu, Alyssa Liu - "Love Song"
- Julia Reagan - "Love Story"
- David Krucik, Alder Fletcher - Skit- "Slowly I Turn"
- Phillip Liang - "Accidentally in Love"
- Brice Green - "Losing Keys"
- Jin Chow - Wedding Street for piano and voice (Traditional)
- Tom Thorne, Chris Taylor, Chaebin Jeon - "Butterfly Fields" for guitar, bass, and voice (Original composition)
- RA's - Dance - "Safety Dance"
- Clver Jin, Jaibe Garces, Sage Virtanen - Skit
- Sarah Zhong - "Move Along"
- Logan Ryan - "Banjo in the Hollow"
- Alfred Wallace - Raving - "In the Hall of the Mountain King
- Matt Ha - Percussion
- David Levy - Brazil for Theremin (Frank Sinatra)
- Brice Green, Alder Fletcher - Death Fight
- Brice Green, Tereasa Ho - "Everything You Are"
- John Sutte (RA) - "Moonlight Sonata"
- Caroline Chin, Andrew Tsai, Clayton Brand, Brian Quirk - "My Girl"
- Rahsaan Eldridge (RA) - Original Composition
- Kristen Murray, Annabel Ostrow, Taylor Cranor, Amy Wu, Margot Solmssen, Kai Woodworth, Matt Ha, Miles ?, Paul Fomenko, Luke Kim, Jordan Trepp - Dance - "Thriller" intro, "I Want it That Way" (Backstreet Boys)
- Dillon Dong, Taemin Ahn, Catherine Li, Lizzy hardwick, Jackie Choi, Julia Regan - "Somebody to Love"
- Jackie Choi, Brice Green, David Krucik - Zoe's Surprise - "Leaving on a Jet Plane"
Not Listed on Programme
- Lizzy Hardwick - CTY Canon Medley for piano and voice (REM, Don McLean, and Alphaville)
10.1 Talent Show
Theme: Fame Academy MC's: Jeff Clancy, Vivek Jayaram [?]
- Jeff Clancy, Kevin Ghaemi, Gautam Ramesh - "Remember the Name"
- Molly Srour - "Mission Impossible"
- Simon Orr - "Joey, Joey, Joey"
- Ben Travers - "Heart Shaped Box"
- Connie Han, Emily Chiu - "Trains"
- Ashley Kung - "I-2 Step"
- Michael Keppler - "Like a Rolling Stone"
- Micaela Gardner, Daniel Bork - "¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)"
- Kevin Chen - "Hesitation Tango"
- Alex Hsieh, Edward Chang - "Lemonade"
- Miranda Guzman - "If I Ain't Got You"
- Karen Cha, Edward Chang, Hyun-Seon Park, John Bahk, Christian Miller - "I'm Yours"
- Karen Cha, Hyun-Seon Park - "Love Song"
- Vivek Jayaram, Gokul Asokan, Will Wheaton, Michael Keppler - "Paint It Black"
- Chris Lopez - "Song for My Father"
- Amanda Nakanishi - "Waking Up in Vegas"
- Gilbert Pan, Max Escaler, Miranda Guzman, Rachel Hong, Will Weaton (with special appearances by Edward Chang, Chris Robinson) - "Single Ladies"
- Rasaan - [?]
- The Freudian Slips - multiple songs
- Michael Keppler, Alex Ostrovsky, Heidi Hart, Roxanne Heston, Erika Chang-Sing, Daniel Bork, Will Wheaton - "Drops of Jupiter"
- Jake Lee - "Nocturne in E♭Major"
- Jonathan Whang, Charles Whang - Breakdance
- Lousia Conwill, Vivek Jarayam, Gokul Asokan - "Don't Stop Believing" (Journey)
- Hannah Weismann - "Think of Me" (CTY version, Originally Phantom of the Opera, Andrew Lloyd Webber)
- B Nasty, Ahmad Richard - freestyle
- Marissa Chua - tap dancing
- Maggie Ginoza - "The End of the Summer" (Dar Williams)
- Jonathan Bahk - "I Will Follow You into the Dark" (Death Cab for Cutie)
- Jane Sadetsky - "You Were"
- Nicole Kwok - "Last Name"
- Jane Sadetsky, Christian Miller - "Falling Slowly"
- Natalie Flores - "A Dark Congregation"
- Roxanne Heston - Dance
- Molly Srour, Louisa Conwill, Will Wheaton, Alex Ostrovsky, Maggie Ginoza, Jane Sadetsky, Miranda Guzman, Rachel Hong - "Seasons of Love" (RENT, Jonathan Larson)
10.2 Talent Show
Theme: Red Carpet
MC's: Niki Bakhru, Margot Solmssen, Sage Virtanen
"Glamor Assistants": Sarah Zhong, Jacki Li
- John Khori - "Piano Man" (Billy Joel)
- Jenifer An - "You Belong with Me"
- Sarah Pollock - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
- Melinda Wang - Flamenco Dance
- Stephanie Ting, Sunny Lee, Diana Delgado, Elena Huang - Pillow Skit (based on the tale of Sleeping Beauty)
- Srinidhi Bharadwaj - "Broken Vow"
- Olivia Machentanz, Estel Telcontar, Sarah Pollack - The Oracle (skit)
- Christine Jarjour, Rana Eser - "Welcome to my Life"
- Charles Lin - "Weightless"
- John Khori, Melinda Wang, Jay Shim, Ethan Chong - "Don't Stop Beliving" (Journey)
- Steven Shao- Valse (Chopin)
- Carol Chao, Cindy Lin, Tina Zhu, Rachel Wu, Megan Shufelt - "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Green Day)
- Stephen, Ilsy, Sarah, Amber, Matt Clem, Laurel - Party at CTY (CTY Version, originally "Party in the U.S.A.", Miley Cyrus) [RA act]
- Dan and Tim, a.k.a. The Freudian Slips (Song medly, including "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin)
- Charles Lin - Valse (Chopin)
- Olivia Machetanz - Irish Step Dance
- Teddy Park - "First Day of My Life"
- Stephanie Ting, Sunny Lee, Diana Delgado - Pillow Skit
- Jackie, Amy, Chris Robinson, Will - "California Gurls" (Loveably mis-executed CTY version of the Katy Perry song)
- Nicky Pineshi - A Display of Body Functions
- Diana Delgado - La Donna é Mobile (bel canto from the opera "Rigoletto")
- Karia Perez, Maddy Martin, Mohona Chowdhury, Niki Bakhru, Zabie Elmgren - "Wannabe" (Spice Girls)
- Estel Telcontar - Original Piano composition
- Elena Huang - "Speechless" (Lady Gaga)
- B Nasty, Ahmad Richard (aka [?] and R.A. Richard) - Ernest Hemingway
Note: At the 10.1 Talent Show, the duo's rap was derisively judged by "Celebrity Judge" Chris Robinson. They responded with their act Second Session, which was highly critical of him.
- Sowmya M,. Selina L., Zach M., Jackie W., Jason L., Jeremy E., Serena W., Margeaux M., Jessica Z., Tristan C., Tommy R., Karahm K., Kevin A., Anessa A., Maggie M., Michelle O., Hazemach, Cuepil C., Amber - "Single Ladies" (possibly Amber's hall's act)
- Melani Shahin, Diana Delgado, Margot Solmssen - "Leaving on a Jet Plane" (John Denver)
11.1 Talent Show
Theme: CTY's Got Talent
MC's: Micaela Gardner and Emma Finch
"Celebrity" Judges: Sanjaya Malakar, Lindsay Lohan, and Jason Boring's Mother
Sound and Stage Manager: Simon Orr
- Ryan Chen - Born This Way
- Valeria Salazar & Daniel Rodriguez - Tu Recuerdo
- Steven Shao - Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement
- Kevin Bailey - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Kane Wu - Moto Perpetuo
- Samuel Lang - Theme from Schindler's List
- RA Filip - Sound of Czech
- George Hutchinson - Pirates of the Caribbean Medly
- TA Jacob King - I'm Better Than You
- Simon Orr - Summertime
- Amanda Sin - Misery
- John Corley - Stand-up Comedy
- Laura Hempton - Mean
- RA Dane - Cinnamon-Saltine-Bottle of Glue Challenge
- Jonathan Xu - Bless the Broken Road
- Christopher Lopez - A Medley
- The Frequent Fliers-Ella Morner-Ritt & Lia Lewine - Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da
- Julia Grossman - Sparks Fly
- Matt Guerrero - Vienna
- Christie Jok - Breakeven
- Lauren Kelly - Spring Showers
- Grace Hwang - Run Devil Run
- Audrey Huang - Piano Act
- Emma Finch, Nicole Kwok, Leslie Luqueno & Christie Jok - The Lazy Song
- RA Chucho - Contact Juggling
- Michael Keppler - Hip-Hop Medley
- SRAs Will & Katey, RAs Laurel, Jon & Amy - Tonight Tonight
- Matt Guerrero, Micaela Gardner, Louisa Conwill & Raji Pandya - Seasons of Love
11.2 Talent Show
Theme: A Red Carpet Affair
"Celebrity" Judges: Taylor Daniel Lautner, Beyonce Giselle Knowles, and Stevie Wonder
Master of Ceremonies: Samuel Ahmed, Eng O-Charoenrat, and Johnathan Ta
Techie (Sound): Sage Virtanen
- Jenay Yuen - Rolling in the Deep
- Natalie Leonard, Ingrid Pan, & Ashley Yao - Seasons of Love
- TA Jacob - I'm Better Than You (Rap)
- George Hutchinson - Pirates of the Caribbean Medley (Piano)
- Timothy Wu and Mark Gillepsie - Juggling
- Sage Virtanen, Zoe Hu, and Claire Baradat - Two Ladies
- Toby Richkind - Concert Etude
- Chris Lee, Johnathan Mak, and Carson Bogan - All Single Ladies
- Paul Choi - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Miles Burnette, Pablo Chong Herrera, and Ally Weinstock - The Scientist
- Pak Hei Hao - Legende
- Elaine Wong - Forever and Always
- John Lutz - Original Poetry
- Johnathan Bahk, John Lutz, and Joseph Paik - Four Chords Song
- Hannah Shih and Christina Xiao - Forget You
- Estel Telcontar and Oreo Carmell - For Good
- Ashley Kung and Hee Ro Chung - Do It Like This
- Elizabeth Thorley - Un Bel Di
- Fury Sheron - The Saga Begins
- Alley Weinstock and Chenchen Li - Can't Stop
- Christina Xiao - The Lazy Song
- Jay Shim and Julie Vaughn - You Raise Me Up
- Simon Chow and Albert Choi - Variety (Skit)
- Roxanne Heston - If I Ain't Got You
- RAs Jordan (Dancing) and Divya (Guitar and Vocals) - An Expressive Piece to a Popular Song (Baby by Justin Bieber)
- Johnathan Bahk - By My Side
- Michael Frances Tolk and John Kim - The Explosion Medley
- Julia Regan, Claire Baradat, and Jon Rooney - Leavin' on a Jet Plane
12.2 Talent Show
Masters and Mistress of Ceremonies: Carson Boden, Tim Wu, and Claire Bai Special thanks to the Talent Show Committee (Von Tha Don, Max Stivers, Marshall Brickheimer, Sahiba Sindhu, SRA Will Paris) and Taylor Mitchell
Act the First
- "CTY: A Tribute" - Fury and Erin O'Leary
- Ïf I Were A Rich Man"- JB Horsley
- "Such Great Heights"- Jonathan Bahk, Alan Lee
- "This Love" - Jonathan Ta
- "Just Like Heaven"- RA Michael Lane
- "Lose Yourself"- Brian Oh and Pablo Herrera
- Dance to "Whistle"- Ashley Kung
- Oscars Trivia - Ariella "Oreo" Carmell
- "Valentine" - RAs Patrice and Gilligan
- "Clocks"Pablo Herrera, Alli Weinstock, and Miles Burnette
- "Somewhere I Belong"- Sam Cookson
- "Holiday" - Caleb Ho
- "Une Bel Di" - Elizabeth Thorley
- "Count on Me" - Julie Vaughn
- "Omaha" - RA Eric (The flame in my heart still burns...)
- 4'33" - Joy Gu
- "I'm Better than You" - TA Jacob
Act the Second
- "An Impromptu Debate" - SRA Will, RAs Max and Gilligan, Our Awesome MCs
- "The Way I Am" (With dance) - Tina Wang, Lauren Kim, Ingrid Pan
- Fantasie Impromptu Opus 66 in C# minor - Kane Wu
- "Soundless Voice" - Soojung Choi
- Juggling with Tim Wu and RA Chucho
- "Don't Stop Believing" - Kira Dubrovina, Soojung Choi, Julie Vaughn, Johnathan Ta, Sam Cookson
- "Valerie" - Isis Bruno
- Dance to "The Boys"/"Tik Tok" - Kelvin Chan
- FROOT - Nick Pineschi (Batman eats two bananas, and orange, and an apple.)
- "Happy Endings" - RA Act
- "21 Guns" - Ryan Jiang and his Jacket
- "Viva La Vida" - Brandon Ng, Caleb Ho
- "fun. mash up" - Fury Sheron, Michal Tolk
- Dance to "Break the Chain"- Ethan Kwan
- "Safe and Sound" - James Lu
- "Part of Your World" - Katherine Buckley
- "Swag Crew" - Pablo Herrera, Simon Chow, Jonathan Bahk, Brian Oh, Antony Minkiewicz, Alan Lee
- "We Are Young: CTY Remix" - Your Lovely Res Life Staff
- "Leaving on a Jet Plane" - All Nevermores and Nomores
15.1 Talent Show
This session's talent show was on the second Sunday in the gym.
MC's: David, Tae, and Baker (from Andrew Ebanks's hall)
To be honest, I don't remember most of the acts, so please add them in if you can!
- Singing "Halo" -
- Singing "The Way I Am" -
- Catching grapes - RA Andrew Ebanks (who did the same act at the 14.2 YS talent show, only with gummy bears)
- Singing "Say Something" -
- Singing "Sky Full of Stars" - Clarissa and
- Singing "Blue Jeans" - Samantha
- Rapping - Misah, Chris, and
- Singing "Seasons of Love" - Nevermores and Nomores
- Singing "I Want It That Way" - all the RA's
- Several other great acts that should be listed here! Apologies to everyone not listed~
15.2 Talent Show
Not in order, and I apologize if I forget anyone.
- "Young and Beautiful" - Coral
- "Teach Me How to Math" - Leaf
- "Stay With Me" - Acapella activity
- "Time" - Kiki
- Juggling act -
- Magic Trick act -
- "Cowboy" - Alan
- "Chucho LaBeouf" - Katie, Rachel H, and followers, with help from Chucho
- Salsa act - Chucho and Coral
- "Jar of Hearts" - Katie and Natalie
- Tap dancing - Rachel H
- Breakdance routine -
- Contemporary dance routine -
- Hip hop routine - RA Olivia and
- American Pie CTY parody - Katie
- Piano routine -
- "Shut Up and Dance with Me" -
- - Lee and Alan
- "Amerifan" routine - Jon's Hall
- Song and instrument - Youchan (If I spelled the name wrong, sorry!!)
- An RA mess with them attempting to sing Michael Jackson, and then switching to the Backstreet Boys (Really, guys? I was expecting a parody.)
- "Leaving On a Jet Plane" - Nevermores and Nomores
- Guitar act -
16.1 Talent Show
(Took place on the second Sunday, in the gym.) MC's: Darling Garcia, Jalen Sur, Blue (Oona) Flood, and Shay Sengupta. Many bad puns and interesting snacks were served at this talent show. Theme: Roaring 90's (?)
Very Out of Order Act 1
- Singing "Don't Do Sadness" - Chloe and Emmy
- Performing - Pop Culture ft. their TA
- Singing "Defying Gravity" - Caroline
- Playing piano - three people, one played something by Chopin (if you remember names and pieces, please fill them in)
- Dancing "Elastic Heart" - Audrey
- Many other acts that I can't remember at this exact moment
Also Very Out of Order Act 2
- Clarinet - Ryan (if anyone remembers the name of the piece, that'd be helpful!)
- Singing/dancing "Dancing Queen" - Glee Club activity
- Stomp/dance routine - one of the guys halls (Kadell's?)
- Reading an original poem - Michael (I don't remember the exact title, but it was about a lack of inspiration and was a shock to everyone)
- Water bottle flipping - Alex
- Guitar - RA Louis
- Reading "Four Years" by Heidi Wong - Blue (Oona)
- Reading "CTY" by Heidi Wong - Darling
- Singing/crying "Seasons of Love" - the Nevermores and Nomores
If you remember the names, pieces, or acts forgotten here, please add them! Links to videos of any of the acts can also be posted!
16.2 Talent Show
It took place on the second Sunday, in the gym. Lead by RAs Lisa and Keecha.
Act the First
- Spoken word poem "Direct Orders" by Anis Mojgani - Amber, Cici, Isabellla, and Dallyn
- Blackbird by the Beatles - Lee Camp and Alan Levinson
- Dancing "Moves Like Jagger" - Owen Lawson
- Playing Piano: La Nuit by Davin Ari Leon - Dylan Eck
- Reading an original poem - Marcello Ursic
- Playing accordion and signing: Jambalaya - Risa Schapiro
- Singing and playing Space Oddity by David Bowie - Lee Camp, Alan Levinson, and Keven Goh
- Lip Sync Don't Stop Believing - all RAs
I think this is where Act 2 started?
Act the Second
- Rap Battle between Tess Redman and Zack Monterosso. Zack was the winner of the super hot fire rap battles!
- Playing Piano: sonata by Beethoven and Rondo alla Turca by Mozart - Cole Welch
- Singing "The Prayer" by Foster and Sager - Andrea Wan
- Singing and playing "Exs ad Ohs" - Kristy Lan and Sophie Guo
- Violin: Mendelsohn Concerto - David Cheng
- Singing Lost Boy - the Keonys (members of Keona's hall)
- Carless Whisper by George Michael - E=MC^2 band (Lee Camp, Alan Levinson, Keven Goh, and Bill Lei)
- Spoken Word - Tim Mays, DRL
- Singing and playing an original song about CTY - "At CTY" - Aviva Katz and Grace Hirai - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzbkPaoTQg
- Leaving on a Jetplane - Nevermores and Nomores
Please upload any videos you have and post them here!
17.2 Talent Show
Was held on second Sunday with the theme Monsters of Talent. MCs were Lexi Ascott, Virginia (Ginny) Baldan, and Blue Flood.
- Singing "Fluorescent Adolescent" by Arctic Monkeys - Ellen Garay, Alex Kim, Sloan Sciarappo, Lucia Valor, Eddy Xu, and RA Luiz Ortiz
- Singing "Lo Noto" by Hombres G - Lucia Valor and RA Luiz Ortiz
- Playing "River Flows in You" by Yiruma on the piano - Ashvin Maheshwar
- Performing magic - Devin Boden
- Reciting the poem "Couldn't Care More" by Savannah Brown - Grace Hirai
- Rapping "No Diggity" by Blackstreet - Blue Flood and Kai Flood
- Singing "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen - Matthew Gin
- Singing "A Night Like This" - Alex Kim and RA Seth Ortiz
- Performing stand-up comedy - Kevin Schmidt
- Singing his original song "New Order" - Zack Monterosso
- Playing "Ihoujin" by Saki Kubota on the accordion - Risa Schapiro
- Singing "Skyfall" by Adele - Rodrick Guo
- Dancing to "Miss You Much" by Janet Jackson - RA Seth Cook
- Doing martial arts - Katherine Papen
- Playing "Fugue" on the guitar - Connor Padmanabhan
- Singing "Fly Me to the Moon" by Bart Howard - Giana Park
- Singing "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen - Brody Faliero
- Singing "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 - RAs Sarah Al-Qatou, Olivia Purtell, and Austin Yoders
- Performing magic - Matthew Yang
- Singing "A Certain Romance" by Arctic Monkeys - Eddy Zu and RA Luis Ortiz
- Singing "I'm Yours" - Ellen Garay and Alex Kim
- Juggling and reciting powers of 2 simultaneously- Isaiah Seals
- Singing "Riptide" by Vance Joy - Shinwoo Kim
- Singing "Cups (When I'm Gone)" from Pitch Perfect - Brooke's Hall
- Singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver - Nevermores and nomores
18.1 Talent Show
many other acts - please fill in
- Singing "Creep" by Radiohead - Brendan B - video link --> 
- Dancers "Rockabye" -Allison Nguyen and Amanda Nguyen
- Hip Hop Weekly -Patrice and Triston leading RA's
- Singing "Cups" from Pitch Perfect -Emily Rawson
- Singing "Blackwidow" -Emily Rawson and Carolina
- Singing "Lovely" -Elise Kim and Shriya (ukelel played by Thalia Ren)
- Dancing Group "Dancing Queens not yet 17" choreographed by RA David -Lexy Tran, Amita, Debangi Mohanta, Allison Nguyen, Sloan Sciarappo, and Nina Ofitserova
- Song sung by RA Seth
- Dance to "Finesse" -Derrick, Benny, Arune, and Ryan (Line Dancing weekly by Kavon)
- Singing "Seasons of Love" -Nomore and Nevermores
At JHU, both the staff and students perform in the same talent show. The talent show is on the second Saturday or Sunday of the session. There may or may not be an intermission.
Many talented and even not-so-talented students perform. The squishy seats of the auditorium wind up becoming very uncomfortable.
08.2 Talent Show
MCs: Jason Wan, Kevin Jung, Jacob Pearce, Nick Allen, Zack Taylor
- Alyssa Vital - "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton; Voice and Piano
- Andrew Wang - "Excerpts from Mario"; Piano
- Justin Sun, Devin Wright, and Ethan Edwards - "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny"; Voice
- RAs Keegan Quigley and Jon Ferng - "Big"; Music Video
- RA Mike and various CTYers - "CTY's Last Stand"; Short Film
- Jason Wan and Kevin Jung - "Build Me Up Buttercup"; Ukelele and Voice
- Sean Lee - "Maple Leaf Rag" by Scott Joplin; Piano
- TA Jason Blackwell - Poetry Reading
- Mark Chung - Corny Jokes
- Staff/Admin Patrick Fessenbecker and Kate Halada - "For the Longest Time" by Billy Joel; Voice
- Ryan Song - "Concerto #1" by Saintsaens; Cello
- Trinity King - "Nothing Man" by Pearl Jam; Voice
- David Song, Ryan Song, and RA Louis Torkornoo - "Piano Man" by Billy Joel; Cello, Guitar, and Piano
- Kevin Jung - "Too Much Horn (a medley)"; Trumpet
- RA Louis Torkornoo, Andrew Yu, Trishya Srinivasan, Timmy Lee, Alex Falk, Yew Shang Loh, and Ariel Lim - Martial Arts Demo
- Angelo Cruz - "Canon in D Major" by Pachelbel; Electric Guitar
- Theodore Macioce - Reciting 200 digits of pi to "Sandstorm" by Darude
- Maddie Ossmus - "Ghost of a Good Thing" by Dashboard Confessional; Voice
- TAs Arber Masati, Robert Zellem, Nathan Molteni, and Lillian Un - "Lillian un Bouffant"; a skit
- Jack Huang - "Sonatina Movement 3" by Maurice Ravel; Piano
- Preeti Rangaraj, Greeshma Somashekar, Urvashi Pathania, Pooja Jayaprakash, and Gracia Vergas - "Eh Papi"; Fusion hip-hop Desi Dance
- David Xiang - Chinese Yo-yo
- RA Keegan Quigley - "A Lack of Color" by Death Cab for Cutie; Guitar
- Robert Chen - Original Composition; Piano
- RA Shawn Cabinian - "Dramatic Reading" of "Fergalicious"
- Emily Huang - "First Love" by Utada Hikaru; Voice
- Lina Kim - "Impromptus #4" by Schubert; Piano
- Hanna Kim, Jovita Ho, and Sean Lee - "Hero" by Mariah Carey; Voice and Piano
- Vishal Bhatty - Tabla
- The One-Timers: RA Louis Torkornoo, Sean Le, Angelo Cruz, and Ryan Song - "I Am Your Future" by Louis Torkornoo; Instruments and Voice
09.1 Talent Show
MC: RA Trevor Crest
- Henry Hershey - "Let It Be" by The Beatles
- Austin Chustz, Ben Coe - Strum Corps
- Maddie Ossmus - "Wonderwall" by Oasis
- Whitney Loo - dancing to "Pictures of You" by The Last Goodnight
- Wendy Woodin, Maria Kanevsky, Waritha Chiarnpattanodom, Wendy Chen - skits Invisible Bench and Pebbles
- Green Ahn - "Moments Musicaux No. 4" by Rachmaninoff
- Alex Rakoski - "The Ashokan Farewell" by Jay Ungar
- Vidhi Vakharia - dancing to "Killa" by Cherish
- Riley Yuan - "Ballade No. 1" by Frederic Chopin
- Austin Igelman, Dan Hus, Bob Zhou - "Don't Trust Me" by 3OH!3
- Seoyeon Esther Park - "Excerpt from Concerto No. 1 G minor" by Max Burch, "You've Got a Friend in Me" by Randy Newman from "Toy Story"
- Chareeni Kurukulasuriya, Maggie Mann, Whitney Loo, Elina Saxena, Judy Lee, Elise Pennington - CTY Idol
- RA Josh Kramer - Mid-Air Object Manipulation a.k.a. Juggling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey3WxjYQIzc
- Tristan Kindig - "Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen
- Paul Lee - "Tornado" by Mitch Markovich
- Kyj Mandzy - Guitar
- Roxanne Heston, Grace Ramsay, Rasheeda Berry, Amelia Merrill - dancing to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce
- Elliot Rosenberg - "A Trumpeter's Lullaby" by Leroy Anderson
- Jaidev Satish - "Fur Elise" by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Ariella Applebaum, Elana Forman, Jinny Kim - "Part of Your World" by Jodi Benson from "The Little Mermaid": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGjWcmRmSE
- RA Spencer's Hall (names unknown) - Balance Act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWyCoa8nCHk
- Claire Chen - "A la Memorie" by Ella Gannis
- Chen Shen - "Little Troll" by Edward Grieg
- Rosemary Gurak - "Memory" by Elaine Paige from Cats musical
- Ronald Zhang - "Willie Wagglestick's Walkabout" by Brian Bonsor
- Jack McNeil - Impossible Card Magic
- Dan Hsu, Austin Igelman, Bob Zhou, Whitney Loo, Elise Pennington, Calvin Chueh, Johnny Gray as Midnight Train- "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rs0p3al0o8
- Seoyeon Esther Park, Alexa Rakoski - Highlights from The Sound of Music
- Male RAs a.k.a. The Single Men - Dancing to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyB_jr-938
09.2 Talent Show
- Talent Show Highlights
- Bloopers and Outakes
- Male RA's Dancing to "Single Ladies" by Beyoncé: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h2FV3ZFlfY, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMEAW5VFwDU
- Rap Medley Spectacular
- Harry Potter Skit
- The Shortay Experience
- Griffin Stoller's Violin Song
- Devyn's Solo Dancing
- Devyn's Group Dancing
10.1 Talent Show
MCs = RAs Ahmad, Bonnie, Craig, and Eric
- Jin Soo Chung, Sean Lee, Alex Chee, Nelson Wong, Steven Pappas, Josh Kang, Tommy Alappat, Hon Wei Khor, Ryota Hiramitsu, Hamza Shad, Justin Kim - "Lion King Medley"
- Jimmy Root, Eliott Rosenberg - "Jazz"
- Naomi Shroff-Mehta - Piano Composition: "Innocence"
- Eric Kim, Stefan Linn, Seoyoung Han, Peter Chen - Fourth Element Crew
- Owen Whitley - Original Song
- Linda Sun - Beijing Opera
- Ryan Synn - "Guitar Hero"
- Rosemary Gunak - "One Voice"
- Austin Chustz - "Tenors Showcase"
- Eliott Rosenberg - "Hey Jude"
- Addy Gao - "Fantasie-Impromptu"
- Christine Chou - "Spittin' Flow" (an original rap)
- Max Umland, Charlie Shvartzman - "Cool Kid Stuff" (juggling and glowstringing)
- Rebecca Zhang, Greta Huang, Ashley Yao, Amanda Chow, Lynn Yu, Christie Wang, Amy He, Yangyang Kwon, Anna Subiros, Yuree Kim, Emily Gallagher, Anamika Tandon, Owen Whitley - "Don't Stop Believing"
- RA Acts
10.2 Talent Show
MCs=Craig and Patrick O
- Joe Denicola & Amanda Sin- "Don't Stop Believin'"
- Eileen Tchao- "Cover of Paramore- The only exception"
- Jon Kwok- "Breakdancing"
- Deepti Rao, Hannah Chai, Josephine Chiang, Teddy L, Maddie Caballero, Gary Chen- "Sk8er Boi"
- Aaron Weiss & Jared Weiss- "Sweet Mary Lee"
- Emily Dickson & Nehal Gupta- "Mamma Mia"
- Laura Rader- "The Little Mermaid on Broadway"
- Amanda Sin- "Landslide - Dixie Chicks"
- Bianca Barrera- "Waltz in A Minor - Franz Schubert"
- Izzy Hechkoff- "Myachi"
- Addye Susnick & Lisa Zhang- "Hey, Soul Sister - Train"
- Rebecca Somer, Maddie Caballero, Katie Zhou, Emily Kelkar, Teddy L, Gary Chen- "Our Song - Taylor Swift"
- Joy Liu- "Boston"
- William Kang- "I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly"
- Tiffany Yu- "Beautiful Eyes - Taylor Swift"
- Emily Dickson, Josephine Chiang, Anisha Reddy, Nehal Gupta- "Take a Bow - Rihanna"
- Charlotte Rupp- "Singin' a Song" (Cover of Waving Flag)"
- Emily Kelkar & Katie Zhou- "Fifteen"
- Oladipo "Poe" Isiaq- "Knock Knock" [Recited a poem]
- Kathy Hong, Maria Lee, Jennifer Haigles, Chandler Sterling- "Baby - Justin Bieber" [an epic dance...it's on facebook.]
- RA acts....most noticeably, Lady Ra-ra!
11.1 Talent Show
MC's- Xinyuan Chen, R.A. Andy Weiner, R.A. Ryan
Surprise dancing act by R.A. Akine... somewhere. Doing the "Cat Daddy." Oh yeah. (help me out guys?)
- Andrew Chan- Piano- "Dirge of the 14th"
- Jenny El-Fakir, Erin Craig, Betty Peng- Singing accompanied by guitar- "Skinny Love"
- Rachel Gelfand- Singing- "Breakeven (Falling to Pieces)"
- R.A. Andy Weiner- Singing accompanied by piano- "Viva la Vida"
- Ashley Nobi- Dancing- "Just Dance"
- Louis Bartholomew- Singing accompanied by piano- "If My Heart Was a House You'd Be Home"
- Xinyuan Chen, Kiran Jagtiani- Saxophone and piano- "Uprising"
- Rachel Bomactao- Singing accompanied by guitar- "Forget You"
- Michael Hwang- Rapping- "I'm No Good"
- Taekyung Kong, Ethan Kwan, Timothy Kim, Andrew Oh, Brandon Lee (CTWalkies)- Dancing- "Break the Chain" (or so they thought)
- Rosemary Gurak- Singing- "Bring Him Home"
- Charles Lin and Hojun Kim- Singing- "Nice Guys"
- Rachel Bomactao, Marissa Fu, Sheena Qiao- Singing accompanied by guitar- "I'm Yours"
- Rachael Huxford, Sheena Qiao, Alyssa Harrison- Sign-language- "Imagine"
- Kumar Megh ft. Rachel Bomactao- Rapping and singing- "Airplanes"
- Josh Meier- iPhone- "Harry Potter Theme"
- Charles Lin- Singing accompanied by piano- "Over my Head"
- Antonio Song- Singing- "Rhythm of Love"
- Jason Shu- Violin- "Danse Espagnole"
- Joon Ho Kim- Singing- "I'll Be There For You"
- *Celebrity Guest Appearance* (SRAs Molly/Raughley Rapping)
- Katelynn Rodriguez- Singing- "White Houses"
- Antonio Song and Hojun Kim- "Don't Trust Me"
- Xinyuan Chen, Louis Bartholomew, Charles Lin- "Don't Stop Believing?" (Four Chord Song)
- Taekyung Kong, Ethan Kwan, Timothy Kim, Andrew Oh, Brandon Lee- Dancing- "Break the Chain" (Told you!)
- Someone dropped an f-bomb.
11.2 Talent Show
There were only two notable acts in this talent show. The first: A guy walked across the stage eating a banana. The second: A girl sang along to Carly Simon's "You're So Vain," complete with inappropriately awkward choreography. This song was sung to the banana guy, who stood up and proceeded to make the whole things 10x more uncomfortable. For everyone watching live, it was something they will never forget.
12.1 Talent Show
What is it with bananas here? Anywho, the MC's this year were pretty awesome; Mina and Brian. Some acts were very memorable. Like the Plain Old Bananas singing "I'm Yours" with a ukulele. There were the TROLOLOLO guys, which most got and the ones who didn't got it eventually. "Somebody That I Used to Know" acapella was pretty awesome too. and of course, RA Peterchu singing "Titanium." There was the nevermore song, "Seasons of Love." There was "Nice Guys" again this year (becoming tradition here? I dunno, we'll see). There was Dylan on guitar and singing the song Ian wrote. "Set Fire to the Rain" sung by Rachel was introduced with Pokemon (SQUIRTLE NOOOOO!!!!). And there was raving. And it was amazing. (help? I don't remember them all....)In addition, there was a truly amazing act in which one guy solved a Rubik's Cube(with ONE hand)in under one minute while simaltamiously reciting pi. It was truly incredible.
13.1 Talent Show
(um so please help me add to this cause I can't remember everything perfectly) Mina and Brian were the MCs again, and were amazing again. There was raving. Nuff said. 7 girls from Adrienne, Liz, and Amanda's hall did the cup song mashed with It's Time, with a star ukelele player, a guitarist, and a violinist, and RA Liz singing. The same ukelele player and one amazing singer performed 1000 reasons why, an original song that was amazing. Memorably, Wobble Baby was played during intermission and everyone went up onstage to dance. Also, one girl played guitar and sang King and Lionheart by Of Monsters and Men. Theo also sang Something by The Beatles, and there was an act that the contents of which nobody knew until it was actually performed, a hall of guys who sang to the SRA(I can't remember what song so please help but it was great). One RA did hilarious impressions. There were a few piano acts too that were really cool too. There was a short solo dance number with some gymnastics(that I can't say the quality of because I myself performed it.)Two guys improved on electric guitar. And perhaps most memorably, a bunch of RAs performed a step routine in which they all had a Big Brother/Big Sister name and it was truly great.(I think that's it but if not please feel free to add:)
13.2 Talent Show
There were many memorable acts in this session's talent show. There were several singers, including two notable performances of songs from Les Mis (one by and RA and one by a camper). One girl recited 1000 digits of pi, with beatboxing by Theo, while another tap-danced to Back in Time by Pitbull. There was one act devoted to telling corny jokes, a poetry reading by Goddess of Blammo Indie and RA Nandi, and a raving act by Chris Ossi and Barak Zhou. There was also a comical piano duet, which was featured again at the closing ceremony.
14.1 Talent Show
There were a heck of a lot of singing acts. David Vacek and a couple of others (someone please fill that in) MC-ed, and there were a few too many corny puns involved. The saddest performance of "Seasons of Love" was also given by the nomores and nevermores.
18.2 Talent Show
Aimee, Sterling, and Liam MC-ed.
- Victor - Dancing
- Skye - Piano
- Thomas - Chinese Martial Arts
- Dani - Piano
- Emma, Naomi, and Dani - Mashup "Havana, Youngblood"
- RA Lawrence - Beatboxing
- Kevin - Piano "Dogsong"
- Beuroscience - Rapping
- Eulalia - Piano "Debussy Arabesque No.1"
- Nicole - Singing "Titanium"
- RAs Ike and Eklavya - Dancing
- Elaine - Dancing
- Marcus - Singing "Try A Little Tenderness"
- Bradley - Singing "Apricot Stone"
- Izzy - Singing "Radioactive"
- Amelia - Poi spinning
- The Mamaritahs - Singing "The Minion Song"
- Chris - Piano "Rhapsody in Blue - Gershwin"
- Isabel - Piano "Tarantella in A Minor"
- Oliver - Circus Acts
- Deidre - Rapping "Squad"
- Frankie - Singing "Pie Jesu"
- Barton - Poetry
- All nevermores and nomores - Singing "Seasons of Love"
Top three performers were, in order of third to first, Frankie, Dierdre, and Elaine.
Staff and students both perform at the same talent show in Easton, which is traditionally the last Saturday night of camp. There is usually at least one act of breakdancing, and also A LOT of singers. The last act of every talent show is "The Nevermore Song" which is American Pie with rewritten lyrics about CTY. It was written by the nevermores of 06.2 and Carolyn Byington (nevermore 09.2)
In 15.2 and 16.2, Nevermore Matt Hom has organized a boy band involving his friends and some RAs including Allan (15.2/16.2), Charles(?) and Tim(?). In 16.2 other members included Dan Guido, Andrew Crisol, and Kartik Pajavera.
16.1 - YS: "We're going on a trip, watch me nae nae watch me whip"
- Matt Hua did an amazing TV/Movie theme medley on a green violin, including Jurassic Park, Game of Thrones, E.T., Pirates of the Caribbean, "Binary Sunset" from Star Wars, "Imperial March" from Star Wars, "Cantina Music" from Star Wars, the Star Wars main theme and others. He also read a poem entitled "The CTY Journey," filled with canon and CTY references, such as the opening line being "All my life," and the last line, "the day the music died." It brought everyone to tears and he received a standing ovation.
- Isiah Chagas performed "Lost in Thoughts, All Alone," and dedicated it to a friend who had died in a tragic car accident.
- Emily Stass and Cece Simmons performed "Hit or Miss," by Jacob Sartorius. All of OS was groaning, while YS (especially RAs Spencer and Allison) were on their feet.
- Nevermores Matt Hua and Matt Hom as well as RA Kaitlyn (a five-year freak who didn't get to sing in her nevermore year) performed the Nevermore Song.
The talent show is always held in the Pigott Auditorium. Bring a jacket, it gets cold if there's an air vent under your seat.
MC-ed by Liam Fay and Julia "Sunshine" Schneider.
- 1. Carlos on Piano
- 2. Sara Beth on guitar + two other singing Teadrops on my Guitar
- 3. Andrew on violin
- 4. Andrea and Dalila singing
- 5. Anika, some song by Schubert (sorry)
- 6. Liam Fay, accents and impressions (Surfer dude, valley girl, Barack Obama, NPR, The Teacher Who Takes Her Problems Out on Students, The people who don't know the lyrics to American Pie, French Accent, German Accent, Russian Accent
- 7. Michelle-Piano, Mozart
- 8. Paulina, House of Gold on ukelele
- 9. Monologic skit
- 10. Jennifer on piano
- 11. Crpytology teacher on piano singing to a "girl" on the side with a wig...?(it's the dean of education in drag, as 'Caroline')
- 12. Lea on piano-Nocturne on C Sharp minor
- 13. Natalie, Michelle, and Karis-Say Something
- 14. Liam, saxophone, Billiam, Piano
- 15. Dalila and Gaby-dancing a little party never killed nobody
- 16. Sara Beth, Something by a birdy
- 17. Midori's Cult - All Of Me
EDIT: Thanks to whoever added this. Is that you, Sunshine? - Liam
The Good Vibes Talent Show
Occurred in 17.2
There were some changes to the program. While this is a complete list of all the acts, it should be noted that RAs Chris and Kendall performed much later in the talent show, and RA Owen (?) did a rendition of Pompeii by Bastille at some point.
- Stuti Jain, Nichola Monroe, Monica Mok, Molly Murphy, Gisselle Acevedo, Elizabeth Leitman, Ariel Hau, Arella Yuan, and Anna Ge - Seasons of Love from Rent
- Aidan Trang - The Village Prophet by Jean Rousseau, May The Force Be With You by John Williams
- Chris Lopez - Piano medley, with Kendall Varin singing
- Sophie Barth, Emily Chen, Katherine Feng, Allie Pae, Sarah Wang, Judy Cheng, Elise Hsu, Anouk Clendenning, and Sofi Halpin - Count On Me by Bruno Mars
- Joshua Ji and Alexander Chang - Clair de lune by Debussy
- Coco Xu, Claudia Shi, and Aida Must - Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift
- Aditya Kannan - Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens
- Elise Hsu - The Sweetheart Tree by Henry Mancini, Moon River by ?
- Paarth Dewan, Edward Park - Mind-blowing magic tricks
- Katherine Xikes, Aida Must - Colors by Halsey
- Aida Must - I Don't Know My Name by Grace Vanderwaal
- Grace Wang - Chopin Waltz Op. 64 No. 2
- Ryan Camero - Running by No Doubt
- Luke Chen - Prelude from Bach's Suite No. 1
- William Norden - Flight of the Bumblebee by Rimsky-Korsakov
- Ryan Camero, Sofi Halpin - Mash-up of Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer and Cigarette Daydreams by Cage The Elephant
- Kerry Jiang, Louis Zhang - Great Time For The Youth
- Alexander Chang - Diabolic Suggestion by Prokofiev
- Kristopher Jones - Dancing to Laputa by DPR Live, Ninano my Minzy, Jolly by ASAP Ferg, and MF Up by Nicki Minaj
- Corwin Silverman - Logic Problems
- Stuti Jain, Nicholas Mo, Nichola Monroe, Monica Mok, Molly Murphy, Gisselle Acevedo, Elizabeth Leitman, Ariel Hau, Arella Yuan, Anna Ge, Ryan Camero - Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson
17.1 TBA (briana singing, Jennifer poem, adamarie dance, Alex song, brendae song, etc)
- 1. Hotline Bling sung by Peter with Henry as background dancer
- 2. Dominick on the flute
- 5. Vic I am from poem
- 7. Vic comedy routine - What I realized when I realized I was gay
- 13. Chika singing Halo
- 14. Aviva Katz performing poi (aka glowsticking or raving) to the song Everytime We Touch